Friday, March 04, 2005

Time to Breathe

Whoa... It has been days and days since I have entered the kingdom of Blog.. sorry to have been away so long.. There have been issues.. and Drama.. and intrigue.. ok.. issues and drama.. no intrigue.. just basic life..

Ron is still sick.. poor thing.. ya know as intelligent as he is.. you would think that going to the dr. in the first day or 3 would have occurred to him.. finally today he went to the doctor.. here is the scoop.. both ears are infected.. he has congestion in his chest.. he has sinus issues.. hmmm I don't know bout you but .. sounds like the FLU to me.. he got a bunch of prescriptions.. over 200.00 worth.. and hopefully taking them he will be on his way to recovery...

The rest of the weeks drama revolved mainly around Sierra.. It seems.. well .. I'm going to be a grandmother come early November.. No this was not the news I wanted from my 16 yr old daughter.. but it's not like I can make them take it back.. It means that Sierra will have to grow up faster.. Jordan will have to grow up faster.. they will both become adults whether they like it or not.. they will have to take on the responsibility of another life besides their own.. Ron and I are both supportive of them.. we don't see the need or the value in getting upset about the situation.. It is what it is.. the best we can do now is support Sierra and Jordan and help them become the best parents they can.. I know a lot of people would not understand our take on this .. and that is ok.. I have this outlook due to the fact I have basically been on my own since I was 12.. I got married at 16 (no I wasn't pregnant) and I became an adult way too soon.. I didn't want this for my kids.. but I refuse to make her feel like she is not the same young woman that I admired and respected earlier this week .. I want her to know that I still love her just the same.. I still think she will be whatever she wants to be.. I just think it will be a lot more difficult..

Ron and I have explained all of this to Sierra and Jordan.. they understand they have our unwavering support and love.. This baby , while ill timed is still my grandchild.. and will be born surrounded by love.. Not all babies born to two adult parents can have that..... The difficulties that lie ahead I have faced myself and I will do everything in my power to help my daughter face them in a way that I didn't have.. With support and love..

They want to get married.. they have been wanting to get married for the last year of their now 2 yr relationship.. I don't know what decision to make about this part of the situation.. I'm going to wait a little while til the emotional part of me calms down enough to make an educated, thought out , talked out decision.. Right now.. deciding what to cook for dinner is a difficult process..

I am basically ok now that the majority of the shock is over.. I have had wonderful support from Ron.. he is my angel and my rock.. I have had support from Ronnie.. he took it rather well for him.. I have had support from Russ.. thank you my friend.. so with all of this support for me.. I can devote all of my support to my daughter.. she needs her mom in ways that she doesn't even realize yet.. and when she does..I will be there..

ok.. time to stop.. the wrist is hurting.. and I am about exhausted.. y'all have a good one..

2 comments:

KC said...

Sorry to hear Ron is still feeling under the weather. Here's hoping he feels better soon.

Kudos for being an understanding Mom ... My Mom pretty much said the same thing to me when she found out I was pregnant. It wasn't the path she would have chosen for me, but she stood by me all the same and was my rock.

There is always a silver lining and always enough love to get through anything.

TammyJ said...

Stacey.. Thank you.. knowing that someone else understands our supporting Sierra means a lot..