Thursday, March 24, 2005

Doctors.. Daily Events.. So on and So Forth

It has actually turned out to be a good week.. after Monday's doctor visit.. I hoped that was not a forboding of the week to come.. thankfully it wasn't..

I scheduled an appointment for Sierra with a different doctor.. we went yesterday afternoon.. They are wonderful.. they took time to explain things to Sierra.. to get a complete history... and to make sure she was comfortable.. they also gave her a wealth of information on child birth.. and did not look down their noses at her for being 16 and pregnant.. she was treated the same as any other patient.. I liked that..

Doctor # 2 of the week was today.. apparently Chelsea has done something to her knee.. we don't know what.. I tried to get her in with her regular dr yesterday , by regular doctor I mean the one that her insurance says is her primary care provider.. not that they have ever seen her.. anyway.. I was told there were no appointments available.. then I called the UTC (urgent treatment center) where my kids are supposed to go if they can't be seen at their doctor's office.. I was told they cannot see my children because the insurance has not paid for the last few visits yet.. so.. I called the insurance provider and yelled at them for a bit.. telling them that yes .. I could take her to the ER and that would cost them 3 times as much.. if that is what they preferred.. ok.. they told me they would get back with me..

This morning.. I called the primary care provider.. and miraculously.. they had an immediate opening.. and got her right in... We got there.. filled out forms.. and were called back.. the doctor was very nice.. very personable.. and looked like my brother.. it was a good visit.. he took time with chelsea.. he doesn't know exactly what is going on with her.. but at least I felt like he does care..

Then we came home .. picked up Sierra and Jordan and took him to open a bank account.. from there it was off to Wally World for a knee brace for Chelsea.. as I walked in the door I knew the checking account was in danger.. they had all the Easter baskets lined up along a huge wall on the right.. I saw the perfect one for Kyle.. and got the girls one too.. yeah I know honey.. off spending your money while you are working so hard to educate young minds.. anywho.. I got all the required Easter things.. and we made our way back home.. I decided to blog a bit..

We are almost ready to go off again.. gotta get Chelsea's prescription, get a mouse for Ava, and pick up the Kyle.. wow.. it has been a bit of a busy day.. the funny thing is...the tiredness that has been plaguing me for the last few weeks seems to be MIA today.. hopefully it stays gone... well .. that is about it for the day.. y'all have fun..

No comments: