Friday, March 18, 2005

Good Day

It has been a really good day.. well as good as a day can be with Ron being at work.... Jordan got a job.. this makes a lot of people happy.. we didn't think the day was going to be good today.. after applying at one construction place and being told that peircings were not acceptable to be a laborer.. and later trying to apply for a position with another construction company and being told that his pants were immature he really was starting to get discouraged and more than a bit pissed.. but I have to give him credit.. he handled it maturely and with a lot of self control..


We then decided to go check on his application at the local U Haul ... he filled it out online yesterday.. on the way we stopped at a yard sale.. Oh yeah.. It has been a yard sale weather day.. anyway.. we stopped and looked around.. they didn't have much that peaked my interest and we were starting to leave , there was a young couple trying to fit 3 chest of drawers in an oldsmobile cutlass.. I didn't see that working so I offered to haul a couple of them for them.. they were only going a few blocks.. they were really grateful.. we got the chests to the couples house and Jordan mentioned to the gentleman that he was looking for work.. the guy told him that he would let him know this afternoon about a labor position with his carpentry company.. see it is good to be nice sometimes..

We then went to U Haul and he went in.. talked to the manager.. and got the job.. he starts tomorrow.. at 7:30 am.. there is no way he is waking me up that early... Ron and I agreed that we would pay for bus fare for Jordan til he got his first check no matter where he started working.. so instead I put gas in my Lincoln.. and told him he can drive it to work tomorrow.. I don't mind taking him through the week..but oh no.. I am not getting up early if I don't have to...

We had another minor good thing happen today.. when I got in the Lincoln to go get gas.. I pushed the button for the passenger window which has been stuck in the down position for months.. and low and behold the thing just rolled right up.. The 3 of us just stared at it like a UFO was landing or something.. to us.. it was just a continuation of what turned out to be a pretty good day after all...

We all three wound up going for coffee with Russ... the kids talked to each other.. Russ and I talked about work.. and the unbloggable subject.. then he got involved in a conversation with a co worker.. we hung out until it was almost time for Kyle ... said later.. and rushed back across town to get the kiddo.. Gary was supposed to join us today.. but he was a no show.. Gary likes beer.. they don't sell beer at starbucks.. hence no Gary.. just kidding Gary.. anyway.. I came home to a bit of a mess from the dogs but nothing like yesterdays cyclonic activity... so they will live another day..

Time to get ready to cook dinner.. I don't have to get chelsea today.. I sent Jordan and Sierra to do it.. wooo hoo.. a few minutes off for me.. Y'all have fun..

No comments: