Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentines Day.. The Morning After

I had a fun Valentines Day for the most part.. A friend needed help delivering flowers so I thought it would be a good way to make a little money and have a little fun too.. not to mention getting outta the house for a while..

So.. at 8:30 Sierra and I got to the shop and loaded up boxes and boxes of flowers to be delivered.. before we loaded.. Angie..(the boss) asked if I know downtown well.. and the nutcase that I am.. says.. "yeah".. bad bad plan.... Sierra and I get started.. DOWNTOWN.. not good.. this town is the strangest designed town... there are one way streets every block and none of them are going the one way you need to go. I swear the original plans for this city were drawn up by the town drunk.. There was, at the end of the day, one place we couldn't find.. I know where it is now.. having been born and raised in this town you would think i would know my way around pretty well.. for the life of me I had never heard of Shoreside Dr. It was an adventure finding that one.. If you are ever in town and need to find that street.. look me up.. I can help ya now..

For the most part though Sierra and I had a blast.. She is a lot of fun to spend time with.. I couldn't have done the job without her.. I can't carry the vases.. and she can't drive without me.. so we helped each other make a little money... and we got to enjoy some really good mom/daughter time together.. that is a great thing..

After we got all of our runs done and then the daily runs .. (kid picking up) we headed to Rite Aid to get some change and for Sierra to purchase a little something for Jordan for V-Day.. I didn't know I was gonna run into my honey and unknowingly almost mess up plans of his for the 2nd time in one day.. He made a quick exit and beat me home.. he had the sweetest little teddy bear waiting for me on my pillow.. and of course the chocolate that I can't control myself with.. I loved the card he got me too.. It sounded like him.. I hate cards that sound like someone else is talking .. With Ron and I it is hard to find a card that sounds like something we would say.. we both sorta have an interesting way of putting our feelings into writing.. he wrote a poem once "Cloud Walker" if he will share it ...then you will know what I mean..We can say what we want to say to each other without saying a word most of the time.. so finding a card that even comes close is an accomplishment.. he did well.....

The rest of the evening was spent in relative quiet together.. the usual kids running in and out... and the animals wrestling around.. but, that for the most part is just background noise.. I can block it out.. we didn't do much of anything.. just be together.. that works for me..

I was telling Ron last night.. the people that know us.. tend to think we would do all this outrageous romantic stuff to show our feelings on Valentines Day.. they think we are the "perfect couple" and being such we would go all out for each other.. what they don't realize is.. every day we go all out for each other.. we give all of our hearts to each other every day.. we don't need to go overboard on special days because every day that we share is special to us.. our love grows continually.. in order for it to grow we have to nurture it.. that is our daily life.. So for those of you that feel disappointed in my teddy bear or in Ron's compass.. just remember... we always share our hearts and those are the most precious gifts that two people can share..

Today is get the house in order day.. I haven't done any real cleaning in days.. just picking up here and there and keeping up with laundry.. (that is a never ending chore) so I will be offline most of the day.. working my little butt off.. Yeah I know honey.. there ain't much back there to work off .. anywho.. I'm outta here.. y'all have a great day.. and I hope you had a great Valentine's Day and that you share that feeling of love with that someone special everyday..

Oh.. Honey.. I love you..

No comments: