Saturday, February 26, 2005

Got the "funk"

Well dangit.. My poor honey has gotten the funk.. I have been teasing him .. telling him that he waited til we were all over it until he got it so that he could get all the attention.. But, I really feel bad for him.. He is stuffy, coughing, sneezing..the whole works.. I wish he would let me take care of him..

He is funny that way.. he tells me that I take such good care of him.. but I don't really see that I do anything spectactular.. I fix dinner.. I make his lunch.. I rub his back when it hurts.. things like that.. to me that is all part of loving someone.. and part of being the kind of wife that I want to be.. I don't know.. maybe it is all part of me being old fashioned..

Anyway.. the day has been pretty good all sicknesses aside.. we got up and took the grandkids back to their rightful owners.. that is a good thing.. Don't get me wrong.. I love having them over.. I love spending time with them.. I think I am just getting too old for a 6,4, and 2 yr old.. I don't have the energy or the patience for it anymore.. and for me to not have the energy with my natural hyperness makes me wonder exactly how much energy little ones have in the first place..

We did have one interesting development last night and this morning.. It seems that Kody(4) is fascinated with Ava..our python.. this is a kid that according to his mom and dad is afraid of a ladybug..He begged to play with her.. he wanted to have her around his neck.. he loved it.. His mom couldn't believe it so we took Ava with us when we returned the children.. Kody walked into where his mom works with Ava around his neck.. I thought Audrey was gonna faint.. it was really funny.. here he is this lil fella.. with a 3 foot snake around his neck.. acting like she is a cuddly puppy.. she is rather lovable at that..

The rest of the day has been pretty laid back.. we were supposed to go to a dinner tonight but decided to cancel due to Ron feeling funky... well I hear him coughing again.. gonna go check on him.. y'all have a good evening..

No comments: