Friday, February 04, 2005

Long Long Friday...

Wow has it been a long day.. I am not sure if it is the lack of sleep last night.. The whole staying awake coughing thing.. or if it has really been this long of a day..

Like I said.. I stayed awake all night coughing.. I don't know how my poor honey managed to get any sleep at all .. In a waterbed every movement is felt.. and he is usually a light sleeper..I tried to cough quietly.. anyway.. the alarm has no respect for those of us that don't get any sleep it started it's usual wailing at the usual time.. i dragged my poor body.. aching ribs and all outta the bed and saw my hubby and Chelsea off to work.. yeah Chelsea went to work with Ron today.. Career day or something like that.. getting out of her school and getting away with it is more my way of looking at it.. She was up and ready at the crack of dawn.. proving once again, if it is something they want to do.. teenagers ARE capable of getting up early..

After taking Kyle to school I came home and tried to get some sleep.. not gonna happen today I guess the coughing began it's unrelenting barrage on my body the minute my head hit the pillow.. I am hoping this doesn't go through tonight.. I am fine sitting up .. hey there's a plan.. I can sleep sitting up.. I did that before.. when I was pregnant... when I had a toothache.. guess the flu is a sit up and sleep thing too..

When I realized that sleeping was out.. I got up and got on my way with the daily activities.. which included a nice visit with my mom.. I talked to her yesterday on the phone and told her about the van.. she remembered the talk about the van but not about the coming to see her today part.. she is always surprised to see me.. I can go in another room and come back to where she is.. and she is still surprised to see me.. but the visit went well she is looking fit and healthy..and seems to be in very good spirits..Then it was off to my least favorite place in the world.. the dreaded grocery store.. I hate to shop.. I don't like grocery shopping.. I don't like clothes shopping.. I don't like shopping period.. I know I am a traitor to my species.. I just don't like it.. if given the choice between shopping and a root canal.. I would have to think long and hard for a reason to not have the dental work.. The only shopping I actually enjoy is thrift store or garage sale shopping .. and I think that is more about the bargain hunting than the actual shopping... After spending too much money on too much food it was time to go get the Kyle from school..

Jordan asked me if he could drive the van.. he hadn't gotten to drive it yet.. well his first drive in the van may be his last.. we were going down the street towards Kyle's school and there was a huge rental moving type truck parked on the side.. it is a really narrow street but, apparently Jordan didn't realize just how narrow.. he clipped the mirror of the truck with the mirror of the van.. breaking my side mirror and not damaging the big truck at all.. we had no room to stop so we went around the block and came back to find a really nice woman and her husband moving into the house where the truck was parked.. they were cool about the whole thing and there was no damage at all to the truck.. the woman then asked Jordan if he would like to make a quick 10 dollars helping to unload the truck he hit.. that will be a good start on his replacing my mirror.. so other than some good natured ribbing .. and a scared moment or two.. everything is ok..Sierra and I continued on our way to get Kyle leaving Jordan to unload the truck..

I opened the door and had murderous intentions towards the puppies.. there was trash from one end of the living room to the other.. after cleaning that mess up and putting away the groceries.. I decided to turn on the TV for some relaxing re runs of Jerry Springer and to get in here and write all this down for posterity..Hey my honey just walked in.. time to go.. have fun Y'all...

No comments: