Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It's a day

Didn't know if I was gonna blog today or not.. Guess I am.. It has been another day.. the same get up way too early time.. same drive Jordan here or there.. same trying to get to drive my own van.. but there was a great change in my daily routine today.. I have been wanting to take the van on a little road trip, just to see what it would do.. Ron gave me a wonderful idea.. he called me and reminded me of what time he has lunch.. and what a good road trip that would be to come and join him for lunch.. so.. Sierra (of course) drove us to his school and we got to sit together and have lunch while she and Jordan drew all over the dry erase board in Ron's classroom.. It was great to get to see my honey in the middle of the day..to sit and talk together.. not like we don't talk enough at home.. but it was really cool to have lunch with him.. may have to do that again sometime..

I did get to drive home.. I don't know what to do with myself.. lunch with my honey and getting to drive all in the same day.. thinking I might just have to play the lottery the way my day is going.. We got home and I had all intentions of taking a nap when I got in the house.. little did I know that I was walking into a war zone.. there was shredded bath mat all over my living room.. some sort of sponge like material.. and toilet paper from one end of the house to the other.. anyone want a slightly beaten puppy?... and I know she is not doing all of this by herself.. she can't reach some of the things that she is tearing up.. I know Malcolm ( her daddy) is helping her.. I am thinking of setting up a video camera to see them in action when we are gone.. needless to say by the time I got the house looking like a house again.. I was out of the mood for a nap... so I did something I almost never do.. I curled up on the couch and watched a lot of mindless television..

By nature Ron and I are not TV people.. we tend to like to read or talk or just about anything else.. so if the TV is on.. we are either watching a movie.. or the kids are watching something.. for me to curl up on the couch and watch 2 hrs of TV all by myself is not only a rare thing.. it is a mindless thing.. sometimes ya just need a little mindless downtime.. kept the puppy alive at any rate..

I have done absolutely nothing in the way of housekeeping today other than making my bed and doing 2 loads of laundry.. (well the puppy cleanup).. so I guess I had better log off AOL and get busy.. wouldn't want Ron to think I just sit around watching TV for hours now would I? Y'all have fun..


No comments: