Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Old Folks?

I have noticed we have an abundance of old people around here.. I don't mean the ones that live on our street or the ones we see around every day.. I mean the ones living in the house.. not me and Ron.. but Chelsea and Kyle.. OMG these two are like two lil old folks with their frailties and hurts and tiredness.. it is amazing..

Kyle's best friend is a year younger than him.. He is hyper active and always on the go.. Kyle is laid back.. easy going.. (the only thing that is always in high gear with him is his mouth) anywho.. Caimon came over a couple weekends ago..He and Kyle played outside for hrs.. about 2 hrs into it Kyle comes in the house panting.. " I need to sit down" " I can't take this".. I'm thinking .. when I was 9 I could have and did stay outside for hours and hours and never take a break or breathe heavy.. and here is Kyle acting like he needs his Geritol..

Chelsea.. for the most part active for her is taking her daily trip to the store.. she mostly sits on the porch with J and listens to music and writes.. ( the kid can write) she has been complaining lately about her back hurting.. and walking around like she needs a cane.. she is going to the dr in about 30 mins.. I hope it isn't anything major.. anyway.. every ache and pain is loudly complained about with her.. I' m gonna sign her up for medicare next week...

A lot of people blame inactivity of children on early TV watching.. not my kids.. they rarely watched TV when they were younger.. they were always outside , running, reading, playing, doing something.. I dont' understand.. maybe they used up all that kid energy by the time they were 6.. and they are now ready for Social Security.. who knows.. anyway.. time for lil old lady Chelsea's appt.. lemme see now where did I put her walker..

y'all have fun..

1 comment:

Ron Simpson said...

I think the major difference is that at some point in our lives we realize the complaining about all our aches and pains only magnifies them. They dont get any better with each complaint. Add to that, the fact that no one really cares .. and we learn to keep our mouthes shut.

Besides, honey, you know our favorite activity is done laying down .. well, most of the time .. unless we are standing .. sitting .. bending .. upside down .. or driving ..

Can I get an "EEEEEE !" Chelsea ?