Monday, August 22, 2005

Pre Birthday Rambling

Tomorrow is my birthday... I don't have a problem with my age.. I don't have a problem telling my age.. I will be 37.. I still feel young enough to get out and have a good time and old enough to know what my responsibilities are and to handle them.. I have a pretty good grasp on who I am .. and what I am doing with my life..

For those of you that read Ron's blog as well as mine.. he seems to be evaluating his life lately.. I think that is a good thing.. I think we all need to evaluate our lives.. our thoughts.. who we are .. why we are the who we are and things like that.. I think it is a good thing to take an inventory every now and then.. I love reading his thoughts and feelings about his life, his past, his relationships...not that I didn't already know these things.. It is just that sometimes reading them you get a better grasp on what is being said than if you are just listening to someone tell you ..

There is one thing in his last post that I would like to clarify.. He mentions me taking care of him.. and that at times he has been afraid that I will tire or grow weary of that.. let me put this in perspective from my side of this equation..

Yes.. I do take care of Ron.. I do things for him that a wife does for her husband.. that is all just part of being a wife.. but what he doesn't realize is that for every little thing I do for him there are a million things that he has done or is doing for me..

He works every day.. he pays the bills.. ok.. so that is part of the things he does as my hubby.. but the things that he does that matter most.. are.. he comes home and looks happy to see me.. he kisses me hello and looks into my eyes and I know he means it when he says he missed me all day.. When he leaves for work.. he tells me goodbye with just a hint of regret that he has to leave me.. I know he loves his job.. so the fact that he is missing me while he is doing something he loves means a lot to me..

I know that when he tells me he loves me , he means it in all the ways he shows me.. It is hard to put into words how he makes me feel every minute of every day.. Even when he isn't here.. I feel him around me.. I feel his love surrounding me.. it is like a warm rain showering me with gentle caresses all the time.. for someone like me that has had so much turmoil in love relationships.. this calm, easy feeling is beyond words..

So.. the question is.. will I ever tire of taking care of him.. will I ever think of him as a burden.. Not a chance.. every day we have together is a gift of life and love that I will always cherish and feel blessed for having Ron in my life.. Honey.. I love you

1 comment:

Ron Simpson said...

now .. where did I put those klennex ?