Monday, August 08, 2005

Over Zealous?

For those of you that read my honey's blog you will understand what I am talking about.. for those that don't.. short version.. last year at the high school in front of where Ron teaches there was a kid that was planning a Columbine sort of take over.. he was arrested.. blamed it on a made up story.. released .. Rearrested on contempt charges.. and now has been released on shock probation..( smart judge)

There has been international coverage of this story.. .there have been preachings and hollering from groups such as the ACLU.. and other civil liberties such organizations that this young man's rights have been infringed upon.. that this is "Over Zealousness" on the part of the police and others in authority..

My take?.. I wonder if the parents, loved ones and others involved in the after math of the tradgedies at Columbine , Paducah KY and other school shootings would have considered it over zealous if they could have gotten to the young people that did the shootings there.. before they did it... I don't think they would think it over zealous at all...

This particular young man was released on shock probation on the contempt charges.. at least that way he has to abide by certain conditions for the next two years and someone can keep an eye on him... and the other charge of attempted terroristic threatening was dropped due to lack of precedent.. Im thinking exactly how does something get a precedent in the first place.. doesn't there have to be a first case somewhere?..

What about this kids recruits..? where did they go? did they disappear? I find that highly unlikely... Ya know what I keep thinking.. what are they gonna say to the families.. when this or some other kid does do something like shoot up the school.. sorry.. we didn't want to be over zealous.. your husband was shot because we didn't have a precedent to prosecute this disturbed , angry kid.. even though we knew what he was up to..

I don't want anyone's rights violated.. I am a patriot to my bones.. but I'll be damned if I want cops showing up at my house telling me that Ron isn't coming home because this kid finally completed his plans..

I would love to hear how y'all feel about this sort of thing.. leave me a comment.. and if your opinion differs from mine.. so be it.. imma big girl.. I can take it. .Y'all have fun..

No comments: