Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Spring Break

Spring break changes when you grow up.. and personally.. I think that really bites.. I mean.. what was wrong with going to the beach, checking out the guys, getting sunburned and then partying until 3 in the morning to get up at noon the next day and do it all over again..

My teenagers wanna sleep til noon.. they have that part down.. then they want to hang around here with me.. Don't get me wrong.. I love hanging with my kids.. and I know we aren't rich so they can't go shopping or to the movies everyday but dang.. When I was their age the last place I wanted to be was with my parents.. Chelsea and J. hang out on the couch watching tv.. Sierra and Jordan hang out upstairs cleaning and whatever else it is that they do.. she is pregnant so it ain't hard to figure out some of their activities.. Kyle usually hangs in the house with me playing on the computer or video games in his room.. unless Caimon and David come over and then he is off and running out the door.. ok so I have one semi normal kid..Chris was the same way when he lived at home.. always in the house.. always sleeping or watching tv when he was on a break from school.. I swear if I didn't have to go to the store and such these kids would never leave the house.. I just don't get it..

In other news.. Kyle is having a blast at work with Ron.. I knew he would.. and from the sound of Ron when he has called today he is having just as much fun as Kyle.. that is a good thing.. I love it that those two hang out so well together..

My brother that lives in Arizona called a couple weeks ago.. It was great to talk to him and his wife Karin.. I really miss them both a lot.. Calvert and I didn't get to grow up together.. family issues and all that.. so it has only been since we have both basically been adults that we have gotten to know each other and become close.. I wish that we lived closer to visit more often but his job keeps him too busy and my kids and life keep me too busy.. but who knows.. maybe one day Ron and I will be sitting around doing nothing and decide a 2000 mile road trip sounds like a good thing.. Ron sent him the link to both our blogs so now the poor man probably thinks his little sister has completely gone off the deep end.. but that's ok.. I have never been normal..

That is about all I can type today.. the vacuum and I had a misunderstanding today and my wrist is paying for it.. Y'all have fun..

No comments: