Monday, April 11, 2005

Anniversary

For those of you that don't know.. Ron and I have been married for 18 months today... Happy Anniversary to us...

Yes, I know there are those that know us well that this post will nauseate but that's ok.. you know how Ron and I are....

The last 3 yrs with Ron have been wonderful..I never knew that a relationship could be the way it is with Ron.. we don't fight.. we rarely argue.. we respect each other and ourselves enough to agree to disagree when we need to.. We can talk about anything and everything and often do.. we don't have to be together all the time we just prefer each other's company.. we each give the other room when we need it.. and neither of us wants the other to change who they are.. we like us the way we are now.. and it has been that way from day one ( Long John Silver's)..

When Ron and I had our first real conversation I knew that this man.. this wonderful man would be someone that I would be friends with if nothing more.. but I could already see a glimmer of that something more in his eyes that were reflecting what he saw in mine.. We just seemed to click.. I don't believe in love at first sight.. but I do believe in serious like at first talk.. if that makes any sense...

Over the last 3 years we have grown together in so many ways that he is as much a part of me as my breath.. when he is not here I still feel him around me.. When he is beside me it feels like I am the complete person I was always supposed to be.. he doesn't make me who I am.. he makes me the more complete version of who I want to be.. that is a good thing..

So for all of you that think I am silly for celebrating an 18 month anniversary.. GET OVER IT.. and for those of you that now are seriously ill at your stomach.. oops.. but I make no apologies for loving my husband the way that I do.. and for being loved by him in a way I never knew or never thought could exist for me..

Y'all have fun..

1 comment:

Ron Simpson said...

I am happy .. being sappy .. with you