Thursday, September 22, 2005

If It Goes It Goes!!!

I was reading about the evactuation of Galveston TX due to hurricane Rita.. and it seems that most people are doing the right thing... Getting the heck outta there.. but there was one.. (ain't there always) .. this woman is staying in her wooden house.. her and her husband have food and water for 10 days.. they plan to take to the roof of their house if it gets too bad...what makes her think she will have a roof to take to? Her statement was.. "If it goes it goes." .. ok Lady.. at 175mph winds.. It's gonna go..

I lived in FL for 15 yrs.. I have been through several storms.. I was there for Andrew.. it hit 200 miles south of us and still managed to tear up parts of our town.. I was in the middle of Erin , Harvey .. and then there was Floyd.. he was a big booger.. stayed 150 miles off shore and our neighbor's shed still wound up in our pool, windows broken, no power for days, even the tree in our front yard was uprooted and thrown across the road.. yeah.. and that is from a storm that didn't even come ashore there..

I would stay through a catagory 1 or 2 hurricane.. given the right type of house and preparations.. a 3 or larger I'm outta there.. I mean.. did we see New Orleans people? These storms aren't playing.. they are not afraid to take your house.. your belongings or even your life.. you are not being brave to stick it out in one of these monster storms.. you are not protecting your home and possessions.. what you are doing is putting your life and the lives of the people who might have to come rescue you, if you live, at risk... basically you are being pig headed and stupid.. I am sorry if that offends anyone.. but as a friend once said about someone.. "stupid should hurt"

I just find it hard to believe that there are still people that think they know more than the "officials".. I mean.. yeah I have a problem with authority at times myself.. but, someone telling me to get outta the way of something that can kill me.. I'm gonna say "thank you gotta go"..

I know it is hard to lose everything you have worked for in your life.. but I am proof that it doesn't kill you to lose things.. You can and will rebuild .. that is what we humans do.. we persevere.. we go on.. we have this wonderful sense of life will go on as humans.. it gives us the ability to see that things don't matter.. we as humans do.. so lady.. get the hell outta the wooden house.. go to safety.. if you don't have a home to come back to.. so be it.. you will still be able to come back..

May God watch over you TX..

Y'all have fun..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relief Groups Stretched by 2 Storms
Thursday, September 22, 2005; Page A12 As powerful Hurricane Rita aims at Texas and threatens to bring more misery to the Katrina-battered Gulf Coast, relief organizations are straining to keep up with the ...
Hi there! Your blog looks great! I just bookmarked it :-)

I have a home inspection business site/blog. It pretty much covers home inspection business related stuff.

If you got the time, feel free to check it out :-)