Friday, September 09, 2005

Got Grey?

I was watching TV this morning.. and the commercial that bugs me most came on.. you know the one .. there is a woman and a man out on a date.. on the side there are two commentators.. the woman doesn't invite the man in the house.. he has.. OMG a grey beard.. the commentators are going on about how this man got shot down all because of his grey... he sees an ad for "Just for Men" beard and mustache color.. apparently he uses it.. the next thing you see on the screen is the same man with the same woman.. this time she invites him in for a nitecap or whatever..

Now.. Im thinking.. If a woman is that shallow why would you go out with her the second time.. If you are worried about grey in your beard .. by all means do something about it.. but why do it cuz someone who is obviously only concerned with appearances didn't ask you in.. is that what it takes to get laid now days..? A non grey beard?..

I don't have a lot of dating experience.. I was married at 16 the first time.. and was divorced for 6 months before Ron and I married.. but I do know this.. I would not be worried as much about what color someone's beard is.. I would be worried about things like who they are... what they are like.. what they have in common with me.. you know.. the " normal" things.. but I guess that doesn't count anymore as long as there is no sign of a grey hair.. got loreal?

Oh yeah.. I am a bottled redhead.. I don't do my hair for other people.. I don't give a rat's tail about what others think if I have grey hair.. I do however give a great deal about how I feel about myself..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: