Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Almost Demise of Snickers

It has been a sad week for me so far.. "snickers" my van seems to be in a coma.. she isn't fully dead but isn't really alive either. Saturday afternoon I was going to pick up Kyle from his friend's house where he had spent the night Friday (giving Ron and I a lot of quiet time).. I got in my ever reliable lil mini van, turned the key, and Nothing!! No! this can't be.. not my little hoopty.. I tried again.. and again.. still to no avail.. I checked it out.. I knew it wasn't the battery or the alternator.. or any of those things.. I realized then that the sensor reading what gear the thing is supposed to be in has gone kaplooey.. this is a minor thing to bypass.. problem.. it was cold out.. and Ron and I don't know which wire is which... Sunday we got the steering column off and looked.. ok yeah.. I can work on a motor.. I can put in a transmission.. give me 200 wires under a dash and I am lost.. we put it off til Monday when Ron could get professional advice..

Monday was a day from hell in itself with taking Ron to work.. that part was good.. but it went downhill from there.. there were 2 trips to Nicholasville and back.. a 2 hr wait at Chris'attorney's office.. a trip back to Winchester to get Ron from work.. by the time we got back to Lex Ron took mercy on me and stopped for supper for us..

Ron did get the advice to fix snickers.. there was supposed to be 2 purple wires attached to the steering column that could be cut and spliced together to bypass the sensor.. ok.. we can do that.. Ron is an electrician.. I do have a working knowledge of cars.. Yeah .. Not.. there were no purple wires.. well there was one but it wasn't where we were told it would be.. so now we are back to calling for more professional advice... I may have to go find someone today to fix it.. I miss my van.. it is a good lil thing.. and although I love spending the extra time in the morning with my honey.. this driving all over is killing me.. and we don't even want to talk about what my house looks like..

Oh in case you are wondering why I call my van snickers.. it is chocolate brown with carmel accents and there are definately nuts inside..

Y'all have fun

No comments: