Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Weekend Continues

I know it is Sunday evening and most people think of Sunday as the end of the weekend.. I usually do too. This weekend won't end until tomorrow night for us.. The kids are out of school.. Ron has to work.. but, the kids and I are going with him tomorrow.. all it took to convince Kyle to go was to tell him he can take his game system with him and play on the huge screen TV in Ron's classroom.. Chelsea was a bit more difficult until I mentioned there could and most likely will be shopping.. thrift store shopping at that.. she is convince.. So I get to continue to spend time with my honey and with my kids.. what could be better than that.. well it would have been nice to have the winning numbers for the 365 million power ball.. but not better than spending time with the people I love most..

On another good note.. I am feeling better.. I still get tired out easily.. going out and about wears me down.. but I can stand up straight now and I haven't been running a fever for 3 days.. these are good things.. I figure I should be back to me soon..

Thursday I had a meeting with my atty for my wrist injury.. It seems the insurance company is willing to admit some culpability and come up with a settlement.. It isn't the best they could have done.. but at least it will save me a year of court and this will be over with.. Nothing is going to fix my wrist.. I will have to live with this for the rest of my life.. I resigned myself to that fact a while back.. I guess that makes this settlement thing a bit easier for me..

Friday Chris went to court for the status hearing(whatever the hell that is supposed to be) and I won't find out what it is for another 2 weeks due to the continuance his atty asked for and got.. oh well at least Chris is not in jail and he is safe.. that is all that matters to me.. this will work out one way or another soon enough.. and then perhaps we can all get on with our lives.. I am not gonna say drama-free lives. I know me and my life until now entirely too well I know there will be other dramas.. I am just tired of the same old one..

My honey is gone to a board meeting.. or is that bored meeting? I have been to one of these with this particular group and I tend to think they are the latter.. anyway.. I miss him.. I hate it when anything takes us away from each other, especially on the weekends.. but , we both have a strong sense of upholding our responsibilities therefore, he is there.. I am here..

I think I will get off here and take my meds and curl up on the couch with a book to wait for my honey to come home..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: