Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sometimes I Wonder Why I Get Out Of Bed

I am having serious issues today.. Chris got arrested again last night.. again for doing nothing.. Here is the story..

Chris, Sierra, Chelsea, Kyle and Chelsea's friend Brandon were out on the porch yesterday afternoon/evening.. John ( the asshole down the street) was outside driving his Jeep.. he was circling around the stop sign and the cut through by our house, slowing down and flipping the kids off on the porch.. trying to get a reaction from them.. he didn't.. the kids didn't react.. they simply ignored him.. Sierra came in to get the video camera to try and catch him in the act of harassing us yet again..I decided to go outside.. the minute I stepped off the porch, John's girlfriend leans out his door and flips me off.. I ignored her too..Sierra and I walked Lacey up to the corner.. when we turned around we saw a cop car pull up to John's house followed by a second one.. I called Ron and asked him to come out on the porch until I could get back home.. he did.. when we got there I got my copies of the police reports about John harassing us and Tommy and we waited..the cops came to our house and told Chris that he can't say anything to John .. to watch his p's and q's.. we told them Chris doesn't and hadn't said a word to John nor had he responded in any way to the antics John is forever pulling.. the cops left.. Chris went upstairs to play video games.. Sierra and I came inside so she could roll my hair.. Things were normal for about an hour or so... Jordan came to pick Sierra up.. the next thing I know Chelsea is coming in to tell me the police are back at John's .. I really didn't think too much of it I knew Chris was upstairs and had not been out at all..

Ten minutes after Chelsea told us the cops where out there they were knocking on our door.. Ron and I went to the door.. the cop said that someone had yelled at John about flipping off their brother and they were taking Chris to jail.. they arrested him and left. I got the story from Chelsea and Brandon.. apparently while Jordan was in the house Chelsea and Brandon were leaning against his car talking when Brandon's brother and some other guy came up.. they talked to Chelsea and Brandon for a few minutes and walked off down the street.. the brother walked in the direction of John's house.. when he passed John yelled something at him from the porch.. the boy yelled something back.. and then John came out in the yard trying to start something and the boy walked on.. next thing we know the cops are here arresting Chris.. hell he wasn't even outside and we don't know this kid..

What the cops basically explained to us is that John can say anything he wants and they will take his word for it.. he can call and tell them Chris is doing something even if he isn't home.. even if Chris isn't around.. and they will arrest Chris.. They even told us they don't have to have proof..Just John's word.. I am so tired of John calling all the shots.. I am tired of us not having any rights..

Ron and I got into a rather heated discussion about this whole thing.. he asked me if I would want to be afforded protection if I was the victim of a crime such as the one Chris is accused of.. I told him.. I understand protection.. but I was apparently misled by this document called the constitution.. it says.. that you are innocent until proven guilty.. now.. if I were the victim of a crime.. I would expect the police to protect me.. but I wouldn't go out of my way to harass someone. If I did think the person that committed the offense was doing something to intimidate me.. you better damn well bet I would have proof out the wazoo to make sure they would be arrested.. I wouldn't make up things and tell lies.. and I would expect the police to believe the other person too if I had done something to harass that person, until they were found guilty of a crime.. that is what our justice system is founded on..

So now I am back on the phone.. calling attorneys, judges, anyone I can get to listen to me.. I don't think my son should be in jail for nothing.. I also think we should be afforded some protection from John.. he does all sorts of things to me and my family and we aren't even allowed to press charges against him.. I am angry at John, the police, the court system, damn near everything.. I have taken it out on Ron.. the kids .. I don't know what to do.. I swear I am really close to having a break down.. the only thing keeping me from it is, I am the only person that is gonna fight for my son the way I fight for him.. no one loves my son the way I do.. no one is willing to go to the end of the earth to protect him but me..that is what is keeping me from losing my mind.. I honestly don't know how much more I can take.. I don't know how much longer I can be strong.. It is exhausting to have to be strong all the time.. it is wearing me down .. I don't understand why things work the way they do.. I don't understand how and why this keeps happening..

I need to get off here and get back to work.. Y'all have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, when this happened i was upset, but i kno and we all know that chris has done nothing but do everything he was asked to do. I too am tired of john calling all the shots, and hopefully this tuesday it can be proven that chris is innocent. John will get what is coming to him, he will be caught in the act, i dont know when and i dont know how but it will happen. If we can just get everyone around to see what he's doing it would make more since. Hell, i dont even know what im trying to say anymore. But i do have faith that everything is going to work out. <3 ya moms.