Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Getting Somewhere?

I don't know that I am actually acomplishing anything in the Chris situation but for some reason I feel somewhat more hopeful about it.. Today didn't go as planned.. the state's witness ( arresting officer Cook) was not there.. she had not been told she needed to be.. the state has 10 days to get all witnesses in court if the person charged is in custody.. and they have to put on their case by that time or drop the charges altogether.. so.. according to how the law is applied.. instead of telling the state "too bad you should have been prepared" we have to go back to court on Friday for this hearing.. Chris' atty told me the full charges today.. I was shocked.. I had already known John lied when he called the police but now I know to what extent this man will go to lie.. he told the officers that there was an unknown black man being restrained by Sierra that was attempting to chase him down on the day Chris was arrested... There was no black man here at all.. not to mention the fact that Sierra weighs all of 110lbs and couldn't restrain a grown man if there was one to restrain..

We will all be back in court on Friday.. the atty only wants to use 2 of the witnesses we have.. Chris wants him to use them all .. I agree with Chris.. I don't care about the court's time.. they obviously don't care about Chris' time or the fact that a lie by John has now cost him his job.. or what happens to our family in the meantime.. Personally I think having more people that are telling the judge Chris has done nothing.. the better Chris' chances are and the chance of the court getting a clue about what John really is improves.. but that is just my opinion..

I also spoke with the County Atty. today about the harassment, assault on Tommy, the lies and everything else John has done.. he told me his hands are tied by policy but he did give me the number to his boss.. he is able to make a call on this.. I have called him and I will call him again tomorrow.. I want this taken care of.. I want some protection for my family for a change.. I need help here too.. So wish me luck on getting it..

Well I need to go rest for a while.. Y'all have fun..

No comments: