Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A New Step

Well.. It has been a strange couple of days.. I need to write.. I need to blog.. heck I think I need to scream.. I have already cried..

Sierra and Jordan got married yesterday evening.. I know all the practical reasons.. I know they love each other.. I know they have a baby coming.. None of these things makes me stop wishing that she were 6 again and still needed mommy to fix everything..

I want my children to be happy , that is all that I have ever wanted for them.. I have never had hopes that Sierra would be a world class designer.. or Chelsea will be a famous author.. or Kyle will be a world renound scientist.. or that Chris would be a lawyer.. all I have ever wanted is for my children to find happiness in this life.. I don't care what they do for a living ( as long as it is legal) I don't care what political or religious beliefs they hold.. Those are choices that I cannot make for them.. I can only guide them by what I believe in.. and hope that they make the right choices for them.. along this same line of thinking I cannot tell them when or with whom to fall in love..

I didn't want my children to have to struggle the way I have.. I didn't want them to have to scrape along.. but I guess again these are things they have to choose for themselves.. I can only be there to support and help them when they need me..

So in saying all of this I guess I am saying that even though I didn't want Sierra to marry or have children this young.. this is a choice that she has made for her life.. She loves Jordan.. He loves her.. hopefully they remember that love when times are hard , when they are struggling .. and it will sustain the relationship enough to allow them both to grow.. I am not unhappy about my daughters choice in young men.. I am just sad that it was made so soon..

Y'all have fun

No comments: