Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Finally

Today has been a feel bad and getting better day..

The feel bad part is I think I am getting a cold. I don't want to admit that it is a cold I keep telling myself that it is only my allergies.. yeah I know honey...I don't run a fever with my allergies.. but let me have my little illusions please.. geesh..

The getting better part of my day came at about 2pm.. I had just gotten out of the shower when my phone rang.. I got Sierra to answer it.. turns out to be the director of the nursing home where my grandmother is in FL.. He and I sort of had words yesterday.. I want to bring my grandmother up here to be with my mother..

My uncle (whom disapeared for 10 yrs) mysteriously showed up a few months ago and decided that he was going to take over taking care of my grandmother.. he was really only interested in finding out if there was anything to be gained finacially... I think he finally got the message that there is no money.. because as much as he has been fighting me on this.. he finally agreed to let me take care of the situation..

Now it could have been the word or seventy that I had with the director of the nursing home yesterday.. I was originally the person responsible for my grandmother's care.. until my uncle showed up out of the blue and declaired himself to be in charge.. I informed the director that my brother and I both want what is in the best interest of our grandmother and that we are willing to fight to get that... Today.. he was all pleasantries and niceties..

Hmmm I am thinking that my educated redneck approach to some things is sometimes exactly what certain situations call for..I don't really care what the reasons are behind this sudden change of attitude on both my uncle's and the director's part.. all I care about is that I can get my grandmother in June.. I have already started the paperwork to get her in the same facility that my mother is in.. I think it will be wonderful to have them both here where family can visit and where I can go get them and take them shopping or to dinner.. and they will have each other while they are there.. My grandmother will be 92 this August.. I have the honor of sharing her birthday.. I am already looking forward to this year's celebration.. with her and my mom..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: