Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Today started off as usual.. Kissing Ron goodbye.. running Chris to work.. taking kids to school.. and that is where the trouble started.. Chelsea wore face paint to school today.. It is Halloween.. we have always loved halloween.. we dress up.. we trick or treat.. we do the whole spooky day thing. That is just us..

I hadn't been gone from her school more than 10 minutes when I got a call from Chelsea.. she said that her choices were to go home or get suspended all for wearing face paint.. I (being the smart ass I am) put on my costume and headed for the school.. I walked in the office and the lady behind the desk tells me, " you can sign her out now".. I was like ok.. do I get the opportunity to talk to the person with the issue.. " He is in a meeting".. So I signed her out and as we were leaving Chelsea informs me that several teachers are also in costume.. I was like wait.. you mean to tell me that the teachers are in costume and they are having a fit about kids being in a little face paint?.. UMMMM NO..

I think teachers should be held to the same dress standards as the student..at Chelsea's school they have a dress code.. Chelsea was in dress code.. just wearing face paint.. I said as much to the lady at the desk. She was like take it up with the school board.. I said OK.. I will.. and I did.. I sent them a nicely worded email ( yes Nicely worded) telling them of the situation and voicing my complaint.. I also sent a not so nice email to the assistant principal.. the dude that had the issue in the first place.. now ya'll know I couldn't have stayed nice through all of this.. geesh.. anywho.. We shall see where this goes.. I personally don't think the kids should be allowed to attend in costume.. but I don't see a problem with face paint or temporary hair color.. on Halloween.. But ya know.. I guess some people forget what being a kid is about when they get in a position of authority over kids..just my take..

Y'all have fun and a Happy and Safe Halloween to you all..

No comments: