Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Martians are Strange..

Ok.. Far be it for me to cabbage on my honey's blog post but this needs an answer.. Ron has his 3 pair of shoes that he wears.. he also has 3 pair in the closet that he does not wear.. that is fine.. I have shoes that I wear once in a blue moon.. but to a woman.. those shoes must remain in her position cause ya know.. Just about the time you get rid of them.. Boom.. there is a blue moon.. and there ya are without the shoes to wear for the occasion..

I admit... I have a "shoe thing" but I don't think it is anymore odd for me to think that 11 ( I went to the payless sale) pairs of shoes is bare minimum.. when Ron has 3 or more toolboxes full of tools in the laundry room that mostly just become lethal weapons to my poor toes.. every time I go out there one of those things will reach out maliciously and hit my lil toes.. My shoes don't abuse Ron.. ok.. not often anyway..

The real truth about me and shoes is this.. I have big feet.. when I find shoes that fit right.. and go with most of what I need them to go with.. I buy them.. Payless happens to be the one inexpensive place that I can buy shoes that fit my big feet (size 10 ) so when they have a sale.. I try to get to it.. I will keep a pair of shoes that fit well forever..

Oh yeah.. and one more thing.. the shoes that hurt yer feet the first day and you wear them a second.. then you never wear them again thing.. first.. women are supposed to be the weaker sex.. yet we can stand a day or two of painful shoes just to make sure we get a good fit without the safety net of old compfy shoes in hand.. ( we keep them in the car) .. Second.. it isn't like we will put the offending shoes in the closet and forget about them.. we take them back and get other shoes that will most likely hurt our feet at first too.. ( ok I know all of us have at least 2 pair that did hurt and are hiding in the back of the closet.. but shhhhh )

The 3 pair that I bought Sunday will last me for a while.. the thing that guys don't get.. our styles change everytime the wind blows.. most designers are MEN.. they do this to us on purpose.. just so our hubby's can pic on us and have something to take our minds off the fact they left their socks on the floor again.. whatcha think ladies.. back me up on the shoe thing.. even though at owning only 11 pairs I am barely qualified to call myself a woman..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: