Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Happy Birthday Kyle

I can't believe he is 10.. it seems like such an advanced age for my baby to be.. I have no problem with Chris being 19.. I have no problem with the girls being 16 and 14.. but Kyle is supposed to be my lil' guy.. He isn't supposed to be getting to an age where he will be looking more to his friends than to mommy.. I don't think I am ready for that with him..

You would think I would be used to how fast they grow up.. with 3 ahead of him. There is something different about it when it is your "Baby".. you never expect them to grow up so fast.

He is such a great little kid.. He is smart, loving, and has a wicked sense of humor.. He is quick witted and absorbs information like a sponge.. he needs a lot of attention and will talk your ear off.. I don't have the same problem Ron does though.. it is hard to remember he is only 10 sometimes.. but for me.. It is hard to remember that he is already 10...

Kyle doesn't realize it.. or maybe he does as bright as he is.. he has so many advantages.. he was born from love.. no matter what else was going on with Ronnie and I we loved our kids beyond reason.. they were always first in our hearts.. Ronnie still stays in touch with his kids.. and that is a good thing.. Kyle has the advantage of having Ron as a dad too.. Ron raised girls.. so this might be a bit different for him.. he takes it well.. boys are a lot different than girls growing up.. they tend to be more clingy, needy and demanding of attention.. (in my experience).. Ron has stepped up to the plate and done well with Kyle.. Kyle adores Ron. they don't always see eye to eye.. and there are times I have to be the middle man.. Kyle for all of his outgoingness tends to be shy in some ways just like his mom.. and needs someone that knows what he really wants to say to help him say it.. but over all Kyle is one lucky little kid.. he has 4 parents that love him.. 5 sisters to annoy that adore him.. and a big brother that thinks he is the greatest little kid in the world.. as well as several sets of grandparents and a wonderful extended family..


So.. my little guy.. I love you more than I can tell you.. I know you are growing up as you must do.. but when you feel you are too big for cuddling on the couch with mom.. or that you can't call me momma anymore cause it ain't cool.. or when a little girl catches your eye.

I will still be here.. there will be a pillow and a snuggly blanket and a space next to momma's always waiting for you my sweet kiddo..I hope your birthday was all you wanted.. and that you always have all you dream of having.. you can be anything.. but the one thing I want for you more than anything.. Is for you to be Kyle.. and be happy...


Y'all have fun..

No comments: