Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Year Begins..

Wow.. I just looked at my last post .. Has it really been that long.. Oh well so goes life.. I could say that I have been busy.. and I have.. I could say Ron has been on the computer.. which he has.. the whole truth is I don't think I really have that much to say..

New Year's Eve was wonderful.. we went out with friends.. one of them is a girl we don't know too well but she turned out to be a trip when she drinks.. who knew.. I just had a ball watching and listening to her.. we of course sang our butts off..well maybe not off.. just sang a lot..

The first week of this exciting new year has started off strangely.. Those of you that read Ron's blog know about the waterbed disaster.. I am happy to tell ya it is fixed.. there was a little tiny elephant earring stuck under the mattress causing the leak. Yeah Honey I know that is exactly what you said it was gonna be that caused it.. After retrieving my earring and patching the tiny little hole we filled the mattress back up with water and got to sleep in our bed last night.. I didn't even mind that it was cold.. I was just happy to not have 3 ft of me hanging off the end of the couch.. Ron can sleep sitting up.. Not me.. I can fall asleep anywhere.. but to stay asleep I have to have somewhere to put these long legs of mine..

The "bug" has been making it's rounds around here.. Chris, Sierra, Kyle, and Ron have had the worst of it.. I have felt nauseous.. but nothing major.. Chelsea seems to be immune.. The brat.... I think if your entire family is gonna be sick you should at least pretend to be sick with them... It is only fair that everyone suffer..

Today is my mom's b day.. I will be heading to the nursing home soon... I don't know if she knows it is her birthday or even if she knows what a birthday is.. but I know.. and I think after all she has been through in her life.. we should celebrate her 74th with her or for her..Maybe it is just me trying to keep her more with me than she can be.. maybe it is just that I can't face the fact that she isn't the person she used to be.. but, a part of me thinks that she is in there.. she knows.. she can understand on some level that I am still here and that I won't ever let her just fade away in that place.. I want my mother back.. I know I can't have that.. there is nothing that can keep me from hanging on to her for as long as I can..

I still have about a million things to do today.. I have managed to clean the bedroom after all the waterbed mess.. and to do a bunch of laundry.. I took Chris' boss his work excuse so he won't lose his job.. I am supposed to take Sierra to the Dr. and I still have to take the mattress back we bought and didn't need.. so.. I guess I should get off here and get going..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: