Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Catching Up and Socks

Ok.. Time to catch up.. Christmas was wonderful.. busy.. but wonderful.. between dinner at the inlaws and dinner at one of the 5 daughters house and church and all the other things we did it was a very busy Christmas.. Can't wait for New Year's....

Moving right along to the sock thing... Never Never Never did we ridicule Ron and his sock Christmas gift solution.. We merely pointed out that socks are not an all encompassing gift.. Don't get me wrong.. I have cold feet most of the time.. I know the value of a good warm pair of socks.. but I like my Gremlins video ( one of this years gifts) and my Blue Topaz ring from last year a lot better than I could love a pair of socks...lets face it .. I would look strange wearing a sock on the middle finger of my left hand next to my wedding band.. and as far as watching a sock.. hmmm does the phrase watching paint dry suddenly seem exciting?... and Ron.. honey.. I don't think you would be able to use your brain with a sock as much as you do with the puzzle thingy I got you for the computer.. just my opinion.. Socks do have their place on any Christmas shopping list.. they are great for Grampa.. for Dad .. when you don't know what else to get someone.. they are great for uncle/ cousin bubba you haven't seen in 20 yrs who just shows up to let us know he is out.. oh wait that is my family .. not Ron's.. anywho.. I will go out on a limb here and say that socks are an appropriate gift for some people some of the time.. and anything I get from my kids or my honey is accepted as a great gift..but .. Socks are NOT the be all end all of gifts.. No Way No How.. But I do know what Ron is getting next year from everyone.. trust me honey.. you won't have to worry about Kyle the sock thief for a long long time... Love you baby..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: