Monday, January 09, 2006

Just Another Monday

The kids are at school..Ron is at work.. Chris is sleeping on the couch and talking to himself.. and I am doing my regular thing.. Nuttin.. I have cleaned already, typed up a resume' for Mary.. done laundry, and laid out the chicken for dinner.. I have now completed most of what I have to do today.. The only have to's left on the list are picking up kids this afternoon and taking Chris to work at 5.. woo hooo.. sounds exciting don't it?

I don't know what my problem is lately.. I feel so dang restless.. I know part of it is wanting a job.. I am looking.. I put in 4 applications this morning alone.. Most of my days I put in from 2 to 10 resume's or applications.. I know, based on the law of averages alone I should find something soon.. the problem is until then.. I am here doing nothing but vegetating.. I don't feel like keeping the house and feeding folks is such a big thing.. I have been doing that all of my life.. I started taking care of the entire household when I was 12.. so now it is nothing for me to clean and cook.. just an ordinary part of life.. Ron always comments on how well I take care of him.. I don't see it as me doing anything spectacular.. I just do the things a wife and mother does.. it is that simple..

I know I bitch a lot about not having a job.. but truthfully folks.. it is making me a bit nuts.. I long to put on nice clothes and go to the office, store, whatever.. and put in my hrs doing whatever job I have to do.. and bringing home a paycheck to not only help out around here, but to feel like I have accomplished something..

I have always been a classic overacheiver.. I had to get the best grades.. I had to work twice as hard as everyone else, just to get personal satisfaction from my job.. I still feel this way.. but ya know.. there is only so much satisfaction you can get from having a clean toilet.. Ok.. whining is done for the day.. I can cross that off my to do list..

My honey is sick today.. I really wanted him to stay home.. but being a workaholic/perfectionist like him.. I knew he would go in.. I even tried to guilt him into staying home by bringing up the old " you don't wanna get your students sick" argument.. but that was the good part of him going in for him..Just Kidding..

I just worry about him.. He was running a fever this morning.. and has been feeling pukey.. I just don't think teaching electricity today is as good a plan as staying home and being pampered by me.. but what do I know..

I guess I will get back to my job hunting.. who knows maybe I'll find something today..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: