Thursday, January 19, 2006

Crawling Slowly Out Into The Sunshine

I know I haven't been blogging as of late.. I really have had a good reason..

It all started Friday.. I didn't feel good.. My back hurt and I just generally didn't feel up to par.. didn't think much of it.. It could have been anything.. I went about my normal routine as usual.. doing anything and everything I needed to do.. Running all over town like an idiot.. doing housework.. that kind of thing..

Saturday, the backache was still there.. I still felt funky.. still I pottered around the house.. Ron and I did some much needed shopping.. as the day progressed the sickness progressed with it.. by 5pm I was not a happy camper.. I felt like my insides were trying to get out.. and they were on fire at the same time.. this was decidedly unpleasant.. I took my temperature.. It was 101.8.. this was again.. not a good sign.. Ron and I had discussed going out singing , that plan was abandoned fairly quickly.. by midnight my fever was up to 103 and I was one hurtin unit..

Sunday..Ron called our doctor's office to get the on call Dr. to call back.. we waited about an hour and still no call.. Ron called again.. when he hung up the phone the Dr. called right back.. I told the Dr. what was going on.. he told me .."Get to the ER or Urgent Treatment Center NOW".. Ron took me to the UTC.. the doc there checked me out.. and tested me.. the tests showed that I had a kidney infection of the worst order.. he said that I had had this thing for at least two weeks and had been lucky to have not had more symptoms.. he wanted to put me in the hospital.. I didn't like that idea.. he reluctantly agreed to let me stay home and rest as long as I wasn't doing anything.. and by not doing anything he meant nothing at all.. he was adamant about that.. I agreed.. ( I don't like hospitals) he finally found an antibiotic that was strong enough for the infection and that I am not allergic to.. and sent me on my way..

Monday is pretty much a fevered blur.. Tuesday I can recall with effort.. Wednesday I felt somewhat better and went with Ron to an Awards ceremony for the tech schools of our fine state.. I probably shouldn't have gone.. I still felt like hell.. I slept the entire way there.. but I am glad I did go.. I got to spend the whole day with my hubby, and I got to hear a wonderful speaker who almost convinced me to become a teacher..( he was really good)..

Today.. I managed to get dressed.. Take the kids to school and I have done one load of laundry.. I am taking it way easy today though.. I am not going to push myself..( hush Ron and the rest of ya that know me) I am taking this seriously.. I have not been incapacitated by illness very often in my life.. I don't like it.. and even as stubborn as I am I am not taking any chances with this thing.. I am up to about 75% feeling like me again.. I want to do more than I can do.. but I am not gonna push.. so.. here I sit.. looking around seeing all the things I could be doing.. and not doing them.. It will make me crazy I am sure.. It has already made me grumpy.. ( sorry Honey, sorry kids) but, I will just have to deal with it.. I want this infection gone completely..

I think I am gonna apply for this job Ron sent me and take my happy little butt back to the couch, move the dogs and lay down for a bit..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: