Monday, January 31, 2005

Drama central

Whew.. long/short weekend.. Long because there was much to do.. and short because 2 days with my honey is just not enough..

It is Monday Monday again.. and as usual.. there is monday drama.. First thing this morning I was asked by the mother my son's wife if I had talked to the kids last night.. I told her no.. I did speak to Chris yesterday.. she then asked me if I knew that my ex had told the kids to get out of his house.. I was like no.. but, how bout I call and talk to my ex.. so.. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the ex .. he told me that the reason he gave the kids the boot is the same reason that Chris went to FL in the first place.. all the kids wanna do is party.. and sleep all day.. he doesn't want to provide them with a place to crash when they come down from all the partying.. On this ..I agree with him fully.. and I support his decision to ask them to leave.. I had to do the same thing when Chris was here.. I know it sounds like tough love .. This is a kid that was given everything all of his life and now he says he is an adult and wants to live his own life, so maybe his father and I should let him do just that....live his own life on his own.. We will always be here for them if they need us.. they both have a lot of support.. Ron and I .. Ronnie and Linda.. and a large extended family.. but they have to want to make it on their own enough to show some initiative and responsibility..


Then it was off to the continuing drama of Chelsea and the social studies teacher.. It seems that she and her teacher have a personality conflict.. this in itself is not a problem.. but the situation that it has caused has gotten to the point where it is time for intervention from me and the principal.. I tried talking to the teacher myself ... that didn't work out too well .. I was trying to be adult and she jumped to the defensive as soon as I asked her for her side of the story.. So at 10:30 this morning I sat down and discussed it with the assistant principal and the principal.. who have agreed to help me in this and to get the matter resolved.. I feel I have left it in good hands..we have open lines of communication and that is always a good thing..I have always been very involved in my children's education I think a parent has to be involved at all levels of their children's education to make sure they are getting everything they need and are where they should be.. The only alternative to resolving the problem with this teacher is to move Chelsea to another class.. the only other social studies class available at her grade level is not an advanced class.. 4 of Chelsea's classes are advanced and sometimes even then she is not challenged enough..so I would like to resolve this if at all possible..

Later on today I have a dental appointment.. wow.. doesn't my day just keep getting better? I am looking forward to getting a broken tooth fixed.. I asked Ron if he is going to like my new smile as much as he likes the one I have now.. he gave me a look.. sorta like it ain't the teeth.. it is the face.. he is such a sweetheart.. anyway like I said fixing the tooth is a good thing.. but I am not looking forward to that whole needle in the gum thing... Oh honey.. dinner may be a bit late today...

With this cold/flu thing I have been lucky to be able to have the energy to sign on to AOL let alone anything else... so I think I will try to drag myself to the laundry room and get some of this housework done.. Have a great day.. can't wait to see how the rest of mine goes..

No comments: