Thursday, January 27, 2005

pig biting mad

yep that's right.. I'm pig biting mad (redneck phrase).. The reason for this swine chomping mood is simply that i am tired of getting the royal runaround everywhere I go.. This morning I was supposed to get a bone scan on my wrist to determine what is wrong with the thing.. I get there and they tell me that Worker's Comp is not going to pay for the test... They are not going to authorize the one test that might just give me a definative answer for all the pain I have endured for the last year..

Mood cause # 2.. After the Dr. appointment that never was I had an appt for Sierra to apply for SSI for her ADHD and OCD.. her appointment time was 10:15 we arrived early at 10:00 and got signed in.. the lady at the desk told me that it would be just a few minutes.. tick.. tick.. tick.. a whole hr and 15 minutes worth of a few went by.. I went and politely asked when she thought we would be seen.. she runs off to the back room... I think they have a poker tournament going on back there.... she returns telling me.. it will be .. (guess).. a few minutes.. well 10 minutes later we are called to the back .. other people that have been waiting as long or longer than we have are now glaring at us or looking longingly at us..we take a seat and the interviewer's personal cell phone starts to ring.. she talks to someone on the other end of the line for about 10 minutes about the unfortunate flooding of her basement and what she is going to do about it.. she finally hangs up and continues with the interview.. about 15 minutes goes by.. and again.. here is her cell phone ringing.. she answers again.. and again launches into a lengthy conversation about her basement and selling her home.. by the way.. it is a split level 4 bdrm 2 bath .. if anyone is interested.. ill give you her office number.. you won't get her there.. but I seem to be the only person that does not have her cell number.... so she gets off the phone.. May I add here that she did not at any time apologize for her rudeness... anywho.. she continues with our interview.. that last til almost the last I is dotted and the last T is crossed.. then.. for the third time.. her phone rings.. she actually (gasp) tells this person that she is busy and will call them later.. she then goes on to tell this person that yes the house is up for sale.. (i think she really wants to get the word out).. after telling them again how busy she is.. she gets off the phone and concludes our appointment.. so all in all what should have taken less than half an hour wound up taking two hours..

Is it just me or have people completely forgotten what professionalism is.. I would never put a client on hold to conduct personal business.. furthermore I would never conduct personal business when I am on the US governments payroll.. or anyones for that matter.. I guess its just me.. oh well i don't seem to see any pigs around here.. Guess ill just go fry some bacon.. and hope the rest of the day goes better.. until later..

oh.. oh.. wait.. there was one more thing.. apparently chelsea has fallen prey to one of her many ills.. and the school just called wanting me to come pick her lil pukey butt up.. doesn't look like my day is improving.. so goes life..

No comments: