Thursday, January 20, 2005

morning blahs

Wow .. Is it morning already.. seems I have this feeling every day..that It should still be night time.. I am always shocked and surprized when the alarm goes of telling me to get my lazy butt outta the bed NOW.. I am generally a morning person. I like the quiet in the mornings. I think better. There is one down side to me being up this early..I am an insomniac... so when I do sleep.. I want to sleep more..


It is almost time to get the kids up.. I wonder what age it is that kids become dang near impossible to get up.. Kyle is easy I say his name, tell him it is time for school, and he gets up.
Chelsea is another story.. I start by repeatedly calling her name.. then i move on to calling it louder..when that fails to bring the girl outta dream land I resort to threats.. " If you don't get up this minute there will be no boyfriend allowed over" "Chelsea!!!!!!" finally, somewhere between my frustration and her hard headedness she rises.. looking like something has made a nest in her hair and giving me the evil eye.. She will sit on the edge of her bed and look stoned for about 10 minutes..I personally call this sleeping sitting up.. I then have to remind her again that yes, it is a school day and yes, she is going.. Depending on the day she will either get up and get dressed, while grumbling or she will come up with some exotic illness that has struck her in her sleep..

She wasn't like this when she was younger.. none of my kids were .. It is like somewhere between 10 and 12 they begin to sleep like the dead and are harder to wake.. I swear there have been times when trying to wake her or one of the other teenagers that ghosts have told me to keep it down..well it is 7am time to begin the morning battle.. y'all have a good day now.. and may your teenagers be easily wakened..

No comments: