Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to Give Thanks

On this day before Thanksgiving, before I drag myself out of my nice comfy chair and downstairs to get started on my pies I just want to take a few minutes to let you all know what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for God, for His mercy for His love but, mostly for His patience in waiting on me to finally get on the ball and depend on Him and to give my heart and my problems over to Him knowing they will be taken care of.

I am thankful for my Ron. He is my comfort, my hopes,my desires, the light and love of my life. He is my soft place to land and my solid ground when things get shaky.

I am thankful for my 7 children for the love and joy they have brought into my life as well as the heartaches and headaches that have allowed me to grow with them and appreciate them as a group and as individual people that I am honored to call not only my children but my friends. I like the people they are and love watching as they continue to grow into the people they will be.

I am thankful for my 6 beautiful grandbabies. I don't get to see 5 of them nearly enough but when I do get to spend time with them they bring back the memories of being a child and I love seeing the world through their eyes.

I am thankful for my friends. All of them the ones here that I can call when I have had a horrible day, Sandra, Leigh, and they always give me something to remind me that tomorrow is another day. I am also thankful for the wonderful friends I don't see as often anymore, Red, Russ, Glenna you have all added something special to my life and have been there for me when I needed you. You tell me when I am being stupid or forgetful of all that I have and you cheer me on and up just when I need it most. I am also thankful for those of you I only know from this big old internet. Thank you for sharing your lives and for coming into mine. Trish, Debbie, Whitney and I know I am forgetting some names not that I would forget any of you in any way. It is just that I am not a name person.

I am thankful for my life, for this journey I have been travelling, for the places I have been and the places I have yet to go.. It hasn't always been easy but, it has always been worth the ride.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you all..I wish you all love and happiness and if you would just do me one little favor. Take a look around, no matter what your circumstances are right now.. no matter how hard life seems. Think about all that you do have and give thanks.

Y'all have fun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you & Ron too!

I do have so much to be thankful for. Even my lemons because I know God works ALL things together for good. :o)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Whitney