Friday, November 14, 2008

Me Strange? Nahhhhh

Ron is always teasing me about my tastes in TV shows. He will be in the sitting room and I am in the bedroom on my heating pad watching TV and he will hear something he finds strange and will ask " Honey, what ARE you watching in there?" Now I will admit I do watch some out of the ordinary things. I like notorious on the history channel, along with several other shows like....deranged, most evil, snapped, taboo, the dog whisperer, and what not to wear. As you can tell my tastes are somewhat eclectic, but sometimes have an underlying theme of the unusual behaviors of people. I am not a weirdo in the sense of watching these shows to get pointers. (well not most of the time) just kidding. I have always been interested in medicine and in psychiatry. I like to know what makes people tick and what forces influence people to turn out the way they do. My reading materials run along the same lines sometimes. Right now I am reading a book by Ann Rule called Every Breath You Take. It is about this really screwed up psychotic man who becomes a multimillionaire and continues to stalk and abuse his ex wife who he eventually kills. It just makes me wonder why people turn out cruel or kind, abusive, loving, basically why we all are the way we are. Just so y'all don't think I am completely nuts I also read anything from Nora Roberts, to Danielle Steel to Stephen King and Dean Koontz..and everything in between .. OK so those last two can be a bit strange but oh well..

I would love to know if the strange reading and watching habits are something unique to me or if most of my female friends are also that interested in what makes folks tick. What do you read or watch? Oh yeah.. I also love Football ( college or pro) and basketball and will tell any guy to get out of the way of the tv if one of my favorite teams are playing. A good lifetime movie will get my attention too.. but then again they often run towards killers , kidnappers, and psychotic people. Maybe I am strange after all..

Time to get off here Deranged comes on in a few or is that What not to wear.. One thing is for sure if I ever do snap .. I will be well dressed for the occasion..

Y'all have fun

3 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

I love ya, ya weirdo

Debbie said...

I am not a fan of reality TV. I'm not even a fan of reality life to tell the truth. We watch Lost, but it is only on a couple of months a year. We watch 30 Rock. And the kids and I now watch Crusoe. That's about it! But, reading...we all read tons. I love fiction that takes place in other countries and cultures and I don't like books that everything gets tied up in a nice, tidy ending. I am weirder than you!

Anonymous said...

I've never been very eclectic in my tastes, just Me. I love What Not to Wear and Nora Roberts too. I'm a huge fan of all things Broadway and I miss the old family shows like Home Improvement & The Cosby Show. There's not a whole lot on that I can watch with my children.

I used to like Steven King & Dean Koontz but now I lose enough sleep over the real life horrors without adding to it, LOL. And the only sports I watch are the Olympics. What can I say; I'm an Indoor Girl.

Blessings, Whitney

PS, if I Had money, I would pay Lots Of It to get nominated for What Not to Wear - HAHAHAHA! ...of course if I Had money I wouldn't need to go on it. Well there you have it. :o)