Friday, November 14, 2008

Rocky Has A New Home

Rocky has a new home. Ron and I drove him to meet his new owners earlier this evening. I had had several phone conversations with the wife and she seemed very sweet and sincere about just wanting a pet for her family (her, hubby 2 boys 3,and 8) so tonight we got Rocky in the truck and drove about 40 miles to meet them halfway between their house and ours. We stood out in the drizzling rain while Rocky got acquainted with them. He played tug-o-war with both of them. He jumped and wiggled and begged for petting, pretty much showed them all of his personality and they played right back with him and seemed to take a liking to him. It was all pretty easy until it was time for us to go. He got into their truck we got into ours and he was looking across the hubby at us like " where are you going without me?" that part really sucked. We left and went to find a bite to eat and it seemed like a longer drive home than usual.

When we got home Dusty was running around the house, he has looked and looked like he knows someone is missing but he is enjoying the freedom of not having to be in our room or kennelled. I know this is better for Rocky and Dusty and in a lot of ways for us too. There will be no more dogs fighting, no more of me getting jumped on or my feet nipped at as I come down the stairs. There will also be no more need of the major strategic exercises to make sure the dogs had no contact with each other.

I know it was the right decision and his new owners seem like great folks but I am gonna miss the little guy. We have had him since he was a 5 week old fur ball with legs. I will probably worry a bit about him and shed a few tears ( a few more) and then like all moms I will have to let him go. I know he loves kids and he loves attention and I believe he will have all he wants and needs in his new home.

Be happy in your new home Rocky.. we still love you.

Y'all have fun

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I know you must be sad but it does sound like they will be great owners. I'm glad you found them.