Monday, November 10, 2008

Goodbye to Rocky

The end of Rocky living here has come.. this afternoon Rocky was outside, Dusty was in our bedroom.. Kyle took food to Dusty and was going back out the door, Dusty decided to run for it at about the same time Chelsea decided it would be a good idea to let Rocky in the house. I was in the bathroom and hear this awful fight ensue between them. Then I heard Kyle holler in pain. Ron sent him into the bathroom with me.. here I am trying to finish my business and in walks a bleeding Kyle. His right hand was streaming blood every where it seems when he tried to break the dogs up Dusty bit him instead of Rocky talk about biting the hand that feeds you. It was a bad enough bite to spend 3 hours at the ER and require 5 stitches.. that is it.. I have had enough.. Even though it wasn't Rocky that did the biting he did do the instigating as usual.. anyone want an AKC registered 15month old male boxer? We are trying to find a place for him. The nearest no kill shelter is about 60miles from here we will be calling them in the morning as well as the boxer rescue. It will take too long to place him by running an ad and I don't want to dawdle on this.. He really is a sweet dog on his own but he and Dusty simply don't get along and with the injury to Kyle I really don't want to take any more chances while trying to train him. So.. it is the end of his time with us.. I won't have him put down.. I know he can be trained but I don't have the time or the inclination to do it now.. I just can't take the chance.. It will break my heart to say goodbye to him for all of his faults I love the little guy and I know he can be a great dog .. just not a great dog for us. I most likely won't go with Ron to take him to the shelter or where ever he goes.. I know I will bawl my eyes out if I do.. but this has to be done..

In other news.. Lacey will be in heat this weekend and apparently I will be providing the honeymoon suite for her and her suitor.. they will have the whole back room to themselves.. I wonder if the lil' guy will bring her flowers and a good wine.. he might need the wine, Lacey isn't the nicest little thing about the whole breeding process.

I think I am gonna get off here and check on my boy.. see if he needs anything for pain.. one thing he does like about this injury.. he gets out of dish night for the next week. I told the Dr that he will be begging the other dogs to bite him every week if it gets him outta doing dishes.. oh yeah and tonight is trash night.. and he can't do that either.. hmm I wonder if I could get one of the dogs to bite my hand?

Y'all have fun

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It's hard to give up a pet - even one that clearly needs to go. Hope the hand is OK.

TammyJ said...

Thanks Debbie.. his hand is healing nicely and Rocky will have his new home this eve. We have talked to a really nice couple that live about 80miles from us and we are meeting them this eve to give them the dog. I will miss his puppish ways but I won't miss the fighting and jumping on me when he gets excited..