Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dogs & Coffee

I have a question.. OK I have a story then a question.. Ron and I have 2 boxers which most of you already know. Dusty is almost 2 and Rocky is 15 months. They used to be friends they would play together and rough house then they would lay down and go to sleep together. Then they both hit doggie puberty.. there were a few easily broken up skirmishes, nothing serious. Then we fostered Samson for a few weeks and all you know what has broken loose between Rocky and Dusty now days.. If they see each other Rocky will go after Dusty and Dusty will not back down for any reason. We have to literally pull them apart and it takes several of us to do it. I have been bitten by both of them in the process, Ron has injured his hand as has Kyle. Chelsea so far has been uninjured. I have trained dogs for years I have always been very good at it. However when there are 2 dogs of their size that need to be trained at the same time and the trainer has serious back problems it can be a job almost too big to handle.

My question is have any of you had a similar problem? If so what did you do to solve it. ( expensive training is not an option) I want to keep both of them. Individually they are wonderful, sweet, loving dogs.. Dusty is neutered Rocky isn't . I don't want to fix him unless I have to. I would like to breed him 1 time before he is fixed. Help.... If anyone has any good tips, please feel free to share them..

Oh yeah and my little pain in the butt Lacey ( mini Dachshund) is in heat right now so both of the guys are all up in arms about that too.. not that they could do anything about it without her having a step ladder..

Well I am off.. I have to go check on the cleaning process of my way cool but technologically advanced coffee pot.. apparently it isn't enough to just pour vinegar in the dang thing there is an entire process to cleaning it.. who knew.. all I want is a good cup of coffee or ten especially now dealing with these dogs.. ya know..

Y'all have fun

No comments: