Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The New Toy

Well.. we got the Camaro.. Monday is still somewhat a blur.. we did so much that day I don't know where to start.. We took the Lumina back to the dealer.. when we got there the salesman tried one more time to get me to keep Rose.. he offered 1000.00 for me to keep her.. I was like no.. then he tried to sell me a blazer.. I don't want a blazer.. they are too big for what I was looking for.. and further more I wouldn't want to buy anything from this guy.. He gave us a check for the full amout of the car plus the tires we put on it.. and we were on our way.. to Ohio that is..

After stopping for lunch and Kyle ( who has a really bad cold/flu this week) getting his first pizza sub we called the man in Ohio and told him we were on our way.. We got there, I drove "lil' toy" and fell in love/lust whatever with him.. (the car).. we paid the man and headed for the next little hole in the wall town to get it legal to make the drive back home.. Yeah .. ok.. that is what we thought we were going to do.. When we got there the building was about the size of the bathrooms in our clerks office here and was staffed with people who didn't seem the least bit interested in helping anyone.. The lady looking bored asked Ron and I for our licenses and SS cards.. I just happened to have my SS card due to the fact I had lost the old one and got the new one in the mail last week, when it came I put it in my purse ( Ron calls it the black hole) and it was still there.. Ron however, didn't have his with him.. the lady tells us we need something with his SS# on it along with his name.. health ins card, voters registration card, something like that.. we had nothing.. We went back out to the truck.. Ron called our health insurance provider to ask them if they could fax the info to the clerk's office.. while he was doing that he rummaged through the glove box and came up with a letter from the SSA .. with his name, addy, and SS#.. I took the letter to the other bored looking lady there.. only to be told that a letter from the federal freakin government was not acceptable.. ok.. if that isn't acceptable what is.. Our insurance company couldn't fax the info due to privacy regulations.. Ron came in with this news.. I shared with him the unacceptability of the letter from the SSA.. he took the paperwork back from miss bored #2 and tells her " Fine, I'll drive it illegally then" and out we go..

We drove the 100 miles home without a tag.. we did have the title.. and the car was insured.. so if I had been stopped I would have gladly informed the officer about the incredible stupidity of the people of Ohio and hoped for the best. ( no offense to anyone from OH) I just don't like that state.. Did I ever mention my ex is from OH?

We got "toy" home and found out our clerks office is open til 6pm on Mondays.. yayyyy.. we rush down there.. they tell us the price on the title is not good enough and we will have to get a bill of sale from the seller stating the price..and the car would need to be inspected.. ok.. fine.. we called the dude in OH.. he said he would fax the info.. got the car insurance carrier to fax proof of ins.. The lady gave us a one day pass to drive the car down there on Tuesday for inspection.. By this time it is after 6... We head home again.. about a half hour after we sit down .. Ron's phone rings , It is Chas needing help moving furniture.. so we are off and running again.. we helped them get the part of their sectional that wouldn't fit in their truck home.. on the way home we stopped for food and smokes for me.. we finally walked back in the house around 8:45pm.. and promptly crashed..

I got the legal stuff done on "toy" yesterday.. and have been driving my little heart out ever since.. I love the little thing.. it drives well.. it shifts well.. and it is way cute.. I will have to get Ron to take a pic or two and post it here soon.. there is the wrist factor with driving a stick.. yes it hurts.. but no more than it hurts anyway.. and the I haven't driven a stick in 4 yrs and I am rusty factor.. but that is getting better.. but mostly there is the I love my car factor..

I thanked Ron Monday night.. he didn't know why I was thanking him.. I told him I was thanking him for dealing with all the hassle and stress just to make sure I had what I wanted.. how sweet is that.. Thank you again my love..

Whew.. I didn't realize this was gonna be a novella when I started.. talk about wrist pain.. I think I am gonna go forage for food.. medicate Kyle, then go sit on the porch and look at " toy" ..

Y'all have fun...

2 comments:

Retro Girl said...

*Happy Dancin' for ya!* Sounds like you had to go thru alot of red tape...but you finally got the car you really wanted!! I'm convinced--when you are driving a car you love, the sun shines brighter, the curves are curvier, and that ol' highway is a callin' LOL!! :-)

Don'tcha just love government or municipal workers? They have such a lack of enthusiasm or human compassion. It's like dealing with a Rock! (Believe it or not though, some good comes from Ohio....me! lol)

Red

TammyJ said...

I wish all things that came out of Ohio were as wonderful as you.. they don't know what they lost when you left.. love ya girl