Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Court

Today was Chris' arraignment, we sat through the process of all the people ahead of Chris being arraigned at the same time. There were several people with much more serious charges than Chris' some where given a reduced bond.. one in particular was up on about 15 charges including having sex with a minor.. his bond was 2500 and was reduced to 10%.. when Chris came up.. The judge refused to reduce his bond and was rather snotty about the charge being so serious.. so I guess in KY it is ok to sleep with children but get in a fight and defend yourself and you are outta luck.. Hmm can ya tell I'm pissed right now?..

His next court date is Tues of next week perhaps at that time he will be able to get a reduction.. I did call his job this morning and let them know what is going on.. they are great.. they want him back.. they think it is a shame that a kid like Chris is involved in something like this.. He is a great worker.. they miss him on the crew.. I did manage to get the letter from his boss to the judge and that will go into his file so when he does get an attorney the attorney will be able to bring up the fact that Chris is not a flight risk, he has a job, he is a resident of our city and state, he has significant ties to the community and the fact that Chris has no criminal record should be enough to get a bond reduction.. we have the 10% there is just no way we can come up with 7500 dollars..

Other things going on today.. Kyle had a Dr. appt this morning to discuss his weight and some other concerns.. he was put on a 2500 calorie diet and tested for Thyroid function.. Hopefully the tests will come back normal and we will find out the boy just likes to eat..

While we were waiting for Kyle to get called back to see the Dr. I was going through my purse..I have this makeup bag in there filled with letters and poems and all sorts of things like that.. Mementos of the past and I realized something.. I am not a materialistic person by any stretch of the imagination.. I do have things that mean a lot to me.. things that would break my heart to lose..the things in that little makeup bag are more precious to me than any material possessions could ever be.. there are letters from Ron, old e mails, poems he has written, the original version of the poem I wrote for my grandson, a letter from Sierra telling me when she was considering having sex for the first time, a letter from Chelsea telling me she is sorry for screwing up, a certificate Chelsea made for me in english class.. those things cannot be replaced.. they hold a place in my heart that nothing else could ever fill. If I lost these things it would hurt. but the love they came from would still exist, it would still be in my heart and the hearts of those people I hold dearest in the world.. I may not be wealthy in the conventional sense.. but upon reading these outpourings of love and inspiration from my husband and children I realized.. there is no on richer than I am.. I have the love of a wonderful man.. and the admiration, respect and love of my children.. what more could I ask for..

Y'all have fun..

No comments: