Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Case Continues

Today we had the preliminary hearing for Chris.. we both got to meet his attorney for the first time.. (C0mforting ain't it to meet him on the day of the hearing).. aside from just meeting him today.. he turned out to be a pretty smart fella.. he told us what to expect.. he explained everything well.. Court proceeded.. Chris' bond was reduced from 7500 to 2500.. donations are still being accepted...We did have a witness that was able to recount what had happened and that Chris was not the aggressor but truly defending himself.. ( I am proud of you T. you did a great job)..Chris' attorney says that the judge was leaning towards our side by reducing the bond as much as she did and that the prosecution is no longer so sure of their side because of some remarks made in the courtroom by the lead prosecutor..I'll just take his word for it.. I don't really know enough about the judicial system to be an accurate judge of who is leaning what way in a trial..

Then there has been the Chelsea and her mystery pain in the side.. She has been suffering from some pain in her side for the last week.. we have made several trips to the doctor's office.. we have had no real diagnosis.. Until yesterday.. We made an appt for yet another trip to the dr.. this time her regular dr was there.. he suggested an X-ray of her chest and abdomen.. when he got the X-rays he called me into the other room to look at them with him.. and he says in his most serious Doctor tone.. Maam, your daughter's problem is she is full of shit.. he is a great doctor with a wonderful sense of humor.. and that is what the X-ray showed.. it seems Chelsea could benefit from more fiber in her diet.. so it is off to the grocery for some pruns and bran flakes.. Yummy.....but at least we know she is ok.. and that the pain can be fixed.. it is about time something around here is fairly easily remedied....

Through all of this.. Ron has been wonderful.. he always has the chest ready for me to lay my head.. he has a hug and a shoulder for my tears.. and he has a great cure for my inability to sleep.. He has kept me sane ( mostly) through this.. This entire thing is tearing me apart.. emotionally, mentally and physically.. Ron helps me deal day to day.. he helps me keep in perspective that this is nothing I could have prevented.. this is not the result of my parenting.. this is the result of choices made by Chris and John.. no one else.. I do have a tendancy to blame myself for anything that brings harm to my children.. even the things they do to themselves.. I guess that is just part of being a mom..

Well it is about time to go get miss full of it from school.. Y'all have fun..

No comments: