Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Made It Back.. Barely

Well the trip from hell is over.. I am finally home.. I would say that this was one of the worst trips to FL ever in recorded history.. but I would most likely find out that it is not one of the worst but the worst... There are things that happened on that trip that I will not go into detail about here.. sorry guys but somethings just hurt too much to share.. Just suffice it to say that from my children's behavior.. I am learning what "tough love" is all about..

There were good things about the trip.. I got to know Chelsea's bf J a lot better.. turns out he is a really good kid.. I like him.. My dad liked him.. there are only 2 people I can remember my dad taking to so quickly in my entire lifetime.. one is Ron.. the other is J.. I thought that was pretty cool..

We did get in some beach time.. but frankly it was too damn hot to go to the beach.. so we left there and went to Glenna's.. thank you for your hospitality girl in the midst of your own exhaustion.. Love ya..

Mauritha ( my best friend of 15 yrs) gave us passes to Kennedy Space Center.. Chelsea and I of course have been there many times.. but J hadn't ever been .. it was pretty interesting to see it through the eyes of someone that didnt grow up around the space center.. gave me a fresh perspective on it.. I even learned a few things I didn't know about the Center and space exploration.. thanks J..

We got home Saturday morning around 8:30am after driving all night.. I was exhausted.. bringing my grandmother home was a lot more trying than I had anticipated.. and she was exhausted as well.. she was having some problems keeping anything on her stomach when we got here.. I thought I would let her rest for a bit and see how she did.. I laid down for a little while.. then got back up and went with Ron and Russ to the Cingular store.. where I promptly fell asleep in the parking lot.. ( good to see ya Russ).. anywho.. after lunch..( thanks Russ) Ron brought me home and I slept for another couple hours.. when I got up Grammy was still asleep..and Chris, Chasity, and Ian were here.. was great to see them.. even if it was through travel weary eyes..

Grammy woke up a little while later and asked for some water.. I gave her a few sips .. she couldn't keep that down.. so Ron and I decided rather than risk dehydration of a 91 yr old woman we should get her to the hospital.. we called an ambulance and they took her .. We met my uncle at the hospital.. Once Grammy was admitted we grabbed a bite to eat and came home for me to get some rest..

For some reason my sanity completely left me and I decided to clean house when we got home.. I put away clothes.. I cleaned out the van.. I did laundry.. I don't know where or how I had the energy to do any of it.. but I finally ran out of gas around 11:30 and then proceeded to sleep almost 12 hrs.. I felt better then.. I am still tired.. I need another 12 hrs sleep.. I don't know if it is all physical or emotional exhaustion that has got me .. I think it is a bit of both..

The best part of coming home.. Ron is here.. he is my rock.. my angel.. I was so happy to see him when he opened the door .. all I could do for a few minutes was just stand there clinging to him.. I couldn't move.. I couldn't think.. It just felt so good to be able to stand there in his arms and let go of all that had happened for just a few minutes.. I think more than anything .. he gave me the strength to go on with the rest of the day.. I love you honey..


Well looks like I have written a novella here so I think I will quit for a bit.. I have a regular ordinary Tammy day scheduled for today.. I am so looking forward to my regular chaos.. I will never again be too annoyed with my life for being chaotic.. I found out.. it can get a whole lot worse...


Y'all have fun..

1 comment:

Ron Simpson said...

WELCOME BACK, BABY !!!!!