Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ron and The Day Off..

Those of you that know me are not going to believe this.. but I have an entire day off.. well sorta.. I don't have anyone to take anywhere nor do I have any appointments to be anywhere.. for me .. this is a holiday.. I still have Kyle at home.. but he is pretty self sufficient.. and I still have cleaning and dinner cooking to do.. but otherwise I have nothing scheduled.. I know this can and probably will change at some point today.. but for now I am just gonna enjoy the feeling of not being rushed, hurried or otherwised hassled to do anything for anyone..

Yesterday after reading my blog Ron was teasing me that I didn't mention his singing of the national anthem.. I assured him this was not an oversight on my part nor was I neglecting him.. I was blogging in a hurry yesterday and I felt talking about Ron should be given the time he deserves...and sometimes I don't have my words in order if I am in a hurry hell half the time I don't have them in order if I am not in a hurry but that is another story..

I was standing behind the dugout waiting for Ron to sing Monday night.. He was about 50 ft in front of me.. I was watching him, as I often do.. I just like looking at him.. anyway... he was pale and I could see the jitters from where I was standing.. then.. they announced him.. he walked out to the spot where he was to sing.. When he started singing I could see his body relax.. singing for him is as natural as breathing to the rest of us.. he has such a magnificent voice.. it is deep and rich and at times when he is singing the emotion he makes you feel can be a bit overwhelming.. when he finished I heard 1000 or more people clap and holler.. I think they heard me over all of them.. While, from the moment I became his wife I have always had a great deal of pride in my husband.. I think Monday night I was gonna pop if I had felt any more proud of him and of being his wife.. we have a sort of tradition of kissing each other after we finish singing.. this was no different.. he didn't make it half way back to where I was before I tackled him and told him how wonderful he was.. the problem with Ron is there are not enough words to describe his singing.. heck there aren't enough to describe him period.. everything he does he does well.. from being a friend and husband .. to singing and photography and many other gifts.. If I didn't love him the way I do I might be a bit jealous of his talents.. actually that is another thing about him.. people don't get jealous of the talents and abilities he possesses.. they just take it as a normal part of Ron being Ron.. I think it is because he wears his personality so well..He doesn't seem to realize how extraordinary he really is.. It is impossible to not like him.. and for me.. I couldn't think of a world that didn't include me loving him.. Take a bow baby.. you are wonderful..

OK.. time to get some food in me.. I don't eat much but when I want food I have to have it right NOW!!! Y'all have fun..

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

You guys are two peas in a pod :-)

Y'all better remember me, when he's on CMT someday, and rich n famous! lol.