Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Gearing Up

Things seem to be gearing up around here..

Ron has returned to work.. that sux out loud.. but oh well, somebody has to pay the bills.. speaking of which.. I had my second interview at a furniture store yesterday.. the manager all but told me I have the job.. the earning potential is great.. the only drawback I can see so far is it is a sales position.. while I am great at sales.. burnout happens fast in that field.. I also have a job interview today in Winchester.. If I am offered this position I may take it over the furniture store one just because of the field it is in.. Tech Support.. that is something I know well and won't burn out on.. even if it pays less it would be worth it to me to have a job I know I am gonna want to stay with longer.. and it is closer to the new house than the other one..

Speaking of the new house.. We haven't heard a thing yet about not closing this Friday.. I don't know if that is good news or bad news.. I am gonna take it as no news is good news.. but that is just how I am.. I need to finish packing but honestly I don't think there is room for any more boxes in this house.. Hopefully, we will hear something positive in the next day or so and give me incentive to finish packing...

The kids are getting excited about going back to school.. how weird is that.. I think the thought of new schools and new friends has more to do with the excitement than the actual school thing .. Chella is worried about Kyle .. he may have to ride a bus this year for the first time.. she ain't liking that idea.. Kyle is the baby of the family and has always been treated as such.. I had to convince her last night that in fact the child is NOT a 3 yr old.. he will be 11 in Oct.. I still think of him as a baby at times too.. but I don't think him riding the bus will be too tramatic for him to handle at this stage of his life..

Today will be the second attempt at getting Sierra and Jordan's car legal.. apparently last Friday the title was signed in only one of the two places it needed to be signed and we have to get the second signature today.. yee haw.. don't I sound thrilled.. I have been trying to call them for the last half hr to make sure they will be ready when I am.. if they aren't.. too bad.. I do have a life..

My kids ( the grown ones especially) seem to think that I have no life outside of taking them places or doing things for them.. for some reason they missed the memo on the fact that they have made the decision to move out and be adults.. they think they can have the best of both worlds.. they have their freedom from mom's rules and mom at their beck and call all at the same time.. all I can say for you guys is .. Time's they are a changin'.. When I go back to work, wherever that might be I will not be able to run for them all the time.. further more.. they wanted to be adults.. so it is time to be adults.. when this car thing is over.. don't call me for rides.. don't ask if I can take you here or there.. NO!!!.. I know I sound bitchy.. but dang.. there are days that I spend 7 or more hours just doing things for everyone else.. and while I will do everything in my power to help my kids.. I am just too dang old for all this running all the time.. I would love to go to work.. come home.. cook dinner.. and spend time with my hubby and the 2 kids I have at home .. instead of running here and there.. trying to squeeze in dinner.. rarely seeing Ron til after dark.. and saying a quick hello to Kyle and Chelsea in passing.. it isnt fair to them and it isn't fair to me.. ok.. Rant Over!! well for now anyway..

Well time to get off here and clean a bit.. until time to start running for the kids again that is..

Y'all have fun..

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

Hey Lady!! Crossing my fingers and sayin a prayer for you---Hope get the job you want the most...*HUGS* and whatever happens, you are happy. You'd be damn good at both of those jobs...ya know!

I agree..times are a changing, and your kids need to realize how much you love them like crazy...but need to do for yourself now. It's time for them to do what they need to do. You've got a lot of new things on your plate soon....They'll get it together...it'll take time. Change is always a little hard at first...
(Lord knows I'm getting used to change...or am I?)