Thursday, August 17, 2006

Almost Employed

Well almost started a new job Monday.. I got the furniture sales position.. so there I was bright and early (9:30) on Monday morning all decked out in my official working woman suit... I walk through the doors to my new job and there is the guy that would be my boss standing there to greet me.. I say good morning.. he walks over to me and puts his hand on the middle of my back and starts rubbing my back and shoulders while saying good morning and how lovely I look.. I backed away from him and told him I didn't want him to touch me that it made me uncomfortable.. He immediately says.. "I didn't mean anything by it" still being polite I assured him I didn't think he did mean anything by it but still I would appreciate him not touching me all the same.. He then starts in about me wearing the support shoe for the still not healed broken toe.. I reiterate to him that I had indeed told him about the necessity of the shoe and that he had ok'ed it.. he told me the job required a lot of standing I told him I knew that hence the shoe.. he then says " I don' t think this is going to work out" ... by this time I am pissed... I tell him " ya know what.. Neither do I" and walked out the door.. By the time I got back home I was really pissed.. I called his boss and told him what had happened.. he called me back later expressing his sincere apologies and asking that this not go any further.. I haven't decided yet if it should..

Then there was Tuesday.. I get in my lil car to go to Mt Sterling to check some things out.. Chella, Kyle and I are just crusing along at 65-70mph when I hear this strange sound under the hood.. it only lasted a second or two.. I drive along another 1/4 mile or so and all hell breaks loose under the car.. there was a grinding.. and a flapping and a squealing... I touched the clutch and the whole car locked up in the middle of the exit ramp .. I am thinking this couldn't possibly be a good thing.. I finally eased the car off the ramp in first gear and get to the nearest store.. I called Ron.. he arranged for a tow truck to come get us... My car is now in the shop in Winchester.. It isn't dead.. but it is seriously in intensive care.. it seems the transmission is shot.. ya know when you say transmission is shot and Camaro in the same sentence the shop says take out your wallet, checkbook, credit cards and sign over your first born male child... hey there is a plan.. I could sign chris over.. ok ok.. I'm just kidding.. mostly

Other than all this and several job interviews and chella and Kyle going back to school it has been a mostly quiet week.. well quiet for around here..

I am looking forward to this weekend.. I will have my honey home for 2 whole days.. we have a party thing to go to on Saturday..It should be a good weekend.. heck we might even get to move.. who knows..

Y'all have fun..

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

Just reading about that A-hole at that store makes me wanna go slap him silly!! You did the right thing. I hope they fire his ass...and call you up to come take his job! They should! :-)

Sorry to hear about the car...hope it can be fixed without a human sacrifice...

Luv ya!! Can't wait to see y'all over labor day weekend. Will call ya's closer to that date...