Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's All About Time..

Have you ever noticed that when you don't have a job and you really need one they are harder to find than the city of Atlantis? Then when you find a job, everybody wants you to come work for them.. what the hell is all that about? I got the sales position at the furniture store... I actually knew I had it after the first interview... but I digress.. since then I have gone on another interview and have yet another one today... the girl (20 yr old) at the last one told me she wanted me for a job at the high school in front of Ron's school but that position doesn't open for another week or so... The one today is the one I want.. It is a combination customer service/clerical/ sales position.. something I'm very good at.. multi-tasking.. all you mom's know what I mean.. I don't feel like I am doing much of anything unless I am doing a little bit of everything.... this job will allow me more challenges than either of the other two... granted it is a little less money.. but when we move this one is only about a mile or so from the house.. that is a big bonus for me..

Speaking of doing a little bit of everything... Already this morning I have been taxi driver, mom, wife, and I think traffic cop on the way to Winchester.. I am at Ron's school right now.. he isn't here he is at the high school for a continuation of yesterday's meetings and such before the big day tomorrow.. ( first day of students) I came here to kill an hour or so before my interview and to change from my old ratty tee shirt and shorts to my pretty purple power suit... I can go from soccer mom to executive in about 3 mins. flat.... from just woke up hair and face to neatly brushed and full makeup.. whew.. that is something else that bugs me.. I hear about women all the time that spend an hour or more putting on makeup.. what the hell is taking you so long.. what exactly are you doing that requires that much time.. and further more how do you get that kind of time to spend on yourself in the first place.. give me an hour and I will pack a lunch, cook dinner, make coffee, vaccuum the floor, start a load of laundry, and get dressed with full makeup.. Is it just me.. or do all moms learn the art of quick change out of necessity?... ok.. it is about 20 mins til I have to leave for my interview.. think I will look around and see if Ron's class needs cleaning.. I have plenty of time for that... wish me luck..

Y'all have fun

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

You are such a superwoman LOL!! You really are!!

I'm keepin my fingers crossed that you get the job you really want...I'm bet they'll all be calling you wanting you!! :-) You'll have to keep me posted...if you need any references tell 'em to call me. I'll tell them what an intelligent, hard working, honest damn good person you are!! :-) They'd be fools not to hire you!

Will keep you posted---we are visiting my parents over Labor Day weekend, and may get to swing by Lex that Saturday day/evening...maybe we can meet up. Will let you two know as soon as I have more details.

Luv Ya!!

Red