Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Another Year Older..

I am 38 today. woohooooooo... Actually .. I don't think much about how old I am.. I really don't feel much different than I did when I was 21.. well at least most of the time.. when I was younger I was not as settled as I am now.. Not as comfortable with change as I am now.. not as able to deal with stress and pick my battles as I am now.. but I still have the same energy if not more than I did then.. I still have the urge to go get a pair of roller skates and go skating every now and then.. I still try to stay up late on weekends and sleep half the day the next day.. I am happier now than I was then.. I don't have the hangups I had then and I have learned to like myself a lot more than I did then.. I think that is what most people that get down about their age forget.. you don't have to be old.. you don't have to act old.. and you still get the benefit of knowing yourself better and the wisdom of all the things you have done in life so far to carry you on..

I don't have any plans to do much of anything today.. I am going to visit my grandmother it is her birthday too.. she is 93.. I feel so fortunate to still have her... Ron and I are taking a small road trip this evening to visit his brother. I really don't want anything for my birthday.. I have just about everything a woman could want.. I have a husband that adores me and lets me know.. I have children that love me and sometimes even listen.. I have wonderful friends.. All in all I am quite fortunate and happy with my life.. I could use a job.. and it would be nice if my car hadn't broken down.. but it will all work out.. that is another thing about getting older.. you learn that not everything is the end of the world.. that is a good life lesson..


I think I will get off this computer and spend some time with my sick youngin.. Kyle has a terrible cold and is home from school for the 2nd day.. I love the lil monster.. but whew can he make ya crazy..

Y'all have fun

3 comments:

Brighton said...

Happy Birthday Tammy J!!!
Thirty eight is WAY better than 28 btw...

TammyJ said...

Brighton..

I couldn't agree with you more.. I love being me and I don't have a problem one with saying yep.. I am 38.. I have earned it.. take care

Anonymous said...

38 is just a baby! Wait until you're old broad of 50 like me. :)

Happy belated birthday, Tammy!