Thursday, August 24, 2006

Finishing Touches

Saturday is MOVING DAY!!! finally.. yep.. we are really closing on the house tomorrow.. there were times I have wondered if we were ever going to really close on this house.. I didn't exactly give up on worrying about it.. I basically just put it in God's hands and left it up to him.. if it is going to happen it will if it ain't then it wasn't supposed to.. I can't wait to get moved in and decorate our house.. wow.. I like the sound of that.. our house...

My birthday was wonderful..Ron and I got to spend some time alone on the way to Louisville.. we got to talk.. that is always something I love.. We just enjoy each other so much it doesn't matter what we are doing we always have a good time.. the visit with his brother was good.. I like Ron's family.. they are a great bunch of people.. On the way home my best friend of 16 yrs from Florida called me .. Mauritha and I are so close that we never feel like we are 1000 miles apart.. it is like we just pick up wherever we left off every time we talk.. and we talked the whole way home.. she loves to hear how happy I am.. and I am trying everything I know to talk her into coming up here.. at least for a visit if I can't convince her to come up here for good.. When we got home Chella had cleaned the house.. It looked great.. Kyle had gone shopping and had presents for me.. he got me exactly what I wanted.. a bath set.. you know the kind with bubble bath and lotion and body spray... the kind that people only buy for teenage girls.. yep .. that is what I wanted.. My 2 hr baths are my pamper me time.. so it was a great gift.. there were gifts from the other kids as well.. all meant for me to pamper me.. gee my kids know me well.. I don't get a chance to do it often but when I do.. they have me all set up with everything I could want.. Ron and I finally got to go to bed around 11:30.. and the cuddle time was the perfect ending to my wonderful birthday.. thank you Honey.. Kids.. that includes you Justin.. for making my day special.. y'all are a great bunch of folks.. I love you all..

I guess I should be in the kitchen finally packing it up.. I never pack my kitchen until the last thing.. I love to cook and I know me .. I would be unpacking and re packing all the time trying to find this pan or that pan until I drove myself insane.. it is just easier to pack the kitchen last.. I was talking to our realtor this morning.. she says the kitchen is the first thing she packs.. that way she doesn't have to cook until they move.. wonder if I could try that with the washer and dryer.. Laundry is my most hated chore...ok.. I have stalled long enough.. I have things to do..

Y'all have fun...

2 comments:

Retro Girl said...

Wow that's great news!! Congrats on the closing...I bet you guys are really excited!! It will be hard work but you'll have a great time decorating and putting your special touch in your new place :-)

I'm sure it'll be beautiful!

Luv Ya

Red

xwy said...

Congrats on the closing! You do sound deliriously happy. I'm glad. And a belated Happy Birthday to you!! Glad it went so well.