Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Post 250

Apparently this is my 250th post. I am not sure what the posting etiquette is for such an occasion. Am I supposed to throw a party? Should I post something meaningful and full of wisdom? ( that would confuse my readers) Or should I just say yay 250 I am surprised I have had that much to say at all?

I have been slowly recuperating from the back surgery. I am trying to obey my doctor and take it very very easy (his words) I am just not good at taking it easy. I have too much to do. The laundry won't do itself, the house won't clean itself, the groceries won't come into the house on their own, it just seems this taking it easy bit causes more stress than it is worth. According to the doctor my spine is destroyed that was his medical term for it. I have to be very careful right now and for at least the next 4 to 6 weeks that I don't hurt my back in any way. I am not even allowed to pick up my grand baby how much does that suck? In fact I am not allowed to lift anything over 5lbs now ladies seriously how many things in the life of a housewife weigh under 5lbs? The good news is he hasn't grounded me completely from going places I do have to limit how far I ride and how often but I can still get out of the house. If I couldn't believe me no one would want to be in the house with me.

In other things, American Idol (my guilty pleasure) has returned, I don't know why I love that show but I do. I love music, I love to sing. I do have a problem with the age limit thing, I think they should come up with an Old Fogey Idol. You know for us old farts that are over 29. What do they think that if you are 30 or older you can't carry a tune and your walker at the same time? I do have one other complaint about the show.. when the judges do the 150% or the one million percent thing does that make the yes or no answer to are the contestants going to Hollywood more important? If it is more than 100% does that mean they get to skip the Hollywood round altogether? Do they get to go straight to the finale? Sorry that sorta thing just bothers me I don't know why it is just a minor pet peeve of mine. Over all though I will sit here in my bed and watch for the next several weeks and yell at the TV when my favorite pick gets sent home or cry when they do the sappy background stories, and love every minute of it.

OK I don't know how this post measures up on such a momentous occasion as my 250th post but it is the best I have to work with right now..

Y'all have fun

1 comment:

WILLOW TREE said...

Yay for your 250! I think with all the blogs I've started and had to pitch I've only gotten to 150.

I just finished reading Ron's book - WOW - I'll work up a whole email to say WOW in a long winded fashion, lol. But I do feel like I know you both so much better and I'm so proud of you for how you got through the darkness.

I'm a complete crazy woman about American Idol; Huge fan! I'm with you on the age limit and the % thing too! What do you think of the new judge?

Don't pick up anything for the next 4-6 weeks, stress included; sometimes that's heavier than anything else!

Blessings, Carolynn