Friday, December 26, 2008

I am Home and Not in Pain

I am home and resting in my bed. For the first time in almost a month I am able to lay in my bed without pain. I can roll over. I can lay on my back, or side, the only drawback is I am not allowed to sleep on my stomach and you guessed it I am a belly sleeper normally. I think I will be able to deal with this minor problem however, after all I have been sleeping (sorta) sitting up in a chair for over 3 weeks.

The surgery went well, my doctor removed 3 large pieces of the disk and scraped things out well. Hoping that the scraping will encourage the bones to fuse together on their own, negating the necessity for future fusion surgery. I hope it works out that way but right now I am just thankful for what I have, or rather don't have. ( pain)

I want to thank all my kids and my family and friends for the visits, phone calls and e mails.. the encouragement and prayers are so welcome and appreciated.

Not to make light of my love for any of my kids or to say I love one more than the others or anything like that I do need to tell one of them a special I love you. Audrey, you are not my child by birth, I couldn't love you more if you were. I am so fortunate and so honored to be able to call you my daughter. Thank you for every thing. Love you kiddo.

Well I am gonna get off here now and enjoy my pain free rest.. Thank you all

Y'all have fun

4 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you! I've seen what chronic pain can do to a person; thank you for allowing Jesus to shine through you, and for being a beacon even in your valley. Many prayers for a speedy recovery.

Blessings, Carolynn

Retro Girl said...

I am so thankful that your surgery went well! Have been thinking of you. Hope you can stay pain free and start making a full recovery my friend. Hope every day gets easier and easier! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

love you too...and like i said earlier..i didnt do anything that you wouldnt or havent already done..just glad you are feelin better

Debbie said...

I am so happy for you! I am still catching up on my blogs after being gone but couldn't wait to find out how the surgery went. Glad you are able to be in your bed and even go out on New Year's. Here's to a great 2009. You deserve it.