Saturday, November 28, 2009

Facebook Has Taken Over



Wow.. just looked and it has been almost 4 months since I have posted here. I am blaming Facebook. I have been posting there. I have been keeping up with people and finding new people there I have sadly been neglecting my old blogspot. I don't know if I remember how to post anything more than a few lines anymore, but here goes.

Things have been way busy around here with Chris being home and enjoying Miss Kiera. Chris is trying to find a job, which is not the easiest thing to do when you have a failing economy, a small town and a felony on your record. It just ticks me off that if he were on probation or parole he would get help getting a job but because he served out his time he gets no assistance. Some of you may disagree with me and that is fine but I think that if a person has served his time and paid his/her debt to society then the felony record thing should not be a constant block to gainful employment, should he have to pay for a mistake he made at 18yrs old for the rest of his life? Yes I feel that way about most all people that have served time. The debt is paid, end of story. The only exception I can think of right now are child molesters and well that is another story entirely.

On to more pleasant subjects. Kiera is growing and thriving, she smiles almost constantly, Ron and I take her to church with us every Sunday just as we have been doing with Cloe since she was 12 days old. Kiera seems to take everything in stride and just loves being with her family. Cloe is still having some sibling rivalry issues but seems to understand that Kiera is here to stay and won't be going back to the hospital. They are both just adorable. We also have a couple of beautiful grand nieces, Trinity and Juliana born about 6 week apart. They are both just gorgeous and it is wonderful to see the family growing.

My back is giving me some trouble again apparently it likes this time of year to mess up. It started with the severe pain about 3 weeks ago. I am on lyrica now and that seems to be helping a bit..

Ron is still looking for work too. The economy, especially in a very small town just isn't favorable to employment right now. He has been applying for some jobs that might require him to have to be away from home through the week and only home on weekends due to the distance from home. That would not be an ideal situation in fact it would suck, but I know God has a plan for us and will take care of us according to that plan. The bills are paid, the kids are fed, we are still very much in love and living for God and each other, so things are good.

I will try to get back here more often, I miss my little corner of the world here where it is quiet and I can put my thoughts in some sort of order. I also greatly miss my blogger friends.

Take care everyone and if I don't make it back here before then, have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with all the blessings of our Lord.

Y'all have fun.

1 comment:

WILLOW TREE said...

I'm in a locked down corner of facebook, lol. If you email me your handle there I can find you, but no one can find me. :)

Sounds like life is busy and good, glad you peeked back into the blogosphere, miss you guys.

Blessings, C~