Friday, April 13, 2007

Back To Work

OMGosh me posting twice in the same week.. wow.. feels like old times.. anywho.. I went back to work yesterday.. I love my job and my boss.. F.(my boss) was afraid that I had either forgotten everything that I had learned during my training from being off too long or was not ready to get back on the phones and make the calls at first so he put me with another girl to listen in on her calls for the day.. about 11am I was utterly bored to tears and asked her if she would like to goof off for the rest of the day and let me make the calls.. she readily agreed (imagine that) turns out the only thing I had forgotten was how to clock out at the end of the day.. the system we use is a bit unusual and I had only clocked in and out one day before the trip to Louisville and all that followed..F reminded me of how to do that today and all is well..This morning when I went in F decided to put me at my own cubicle and let me go.. problem is we are a bit overstaffed and didn't have an available cubicle for me.. I was homeless .. he finally found a place for me but not with our group.. I assured him that I am a big girl and if I needed him or any one's assistance I would find someone to ask..F. is a really sweet guy and he tries to go out of his way to make sure his employees are comfortable and happy in their environment that is a good thing.. but sometimes he worries too much.. I am fairly easy to get along with and don't need much to be comfortable once I know my job. What we do is process disability claims by calling employees, employers and doctors offices to verify information.. well no one seems to like the Dr. office calls..This afternoon F asked me if I would mind making that those calls for the rest of the day.. I told him that was all I had been doing and in fact I like those best.. you would have thought the man had won the lottery.. needless to say I got brownie points.. woo hoo go me!!

There is this one guy where I work that we have nicknamed "creepy" this is the kinda guy that you just know is gonna come to work in a trench coat and either start shooting up the place or flashing people.. neither of these things is anything I want to see.. I thought I had gotten rid of him.. about my 3rd day there he was outside talking as I was on the phone to a friend on my lunch break.. he kept interjecting himself into everything I was saying.. finally I got off the phone and asked him " Do you ever stop talking?" to which he replied "Yes, I stop talking all the time" I said.. " this would be a good time to practice that" He walked away from me and was going out of his way to avoid me after that.. this was a good thing.. but as they say all good things must come to an end.. Today Sierra was at my job applying for a job herself..when she was finished with her application process she came around to my office.. I happened to be outside.. I gave her my keys so she could listen to the radio and such.. when she was finished I had told her to ask someone outside to come get me.. guess who happened to be outside when she was finished.. you guessed it creepy himself.. he came into the office and asked me if I was Tammy.. I was like great now he knows my name.. I told him yep that's me.. he told me Sierra was outside waiting for me.. wow even better he knows my pregnant daughter's name too.. can this get any worse?.. I took my lunch break and went outside to sit with Sierra while she waited on her friend to come get her to give her a ride home..(she did get her license Wed but her car isn't transferred over to our name yet) as she and I were talking , of course creepy kept interjecting things into our conversation.. at one point we were talking about driving he mentions that he drives 110mph in the mountains.. I said "That doesn't make you a good driver just stupid".. he said "I'm still here" I said " OK you are still stupid".. he didn't take the hint.. Now I am gonna have to find a way to get rid of him again.. thanks Sierra ya brat..

Well I guess I am about done on here tonight I need to get my butt in bed and the rest of me.. I am going to visit Chris in the morning and although it isn't that far to drive it is a bit of a difficult drive as you have to go through all these mountains and such..and I won't be driving 110mph.. I am taking the new Cadillac tomorrow.. (OK new to me Cadillac.. 99 Deville.. pearl white.. it is a great car..) so I want to get an early start just in case.. not that I expect any problems but you never know with any used car..

Y'all have fun.

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

You'll have to post more about your new job...sounds like a good one, except for Mr. Creepy. Hopefully he'll get the picture before you have to hurt him...or reduce him to a crying shaking bumbling idiot LOL.

Girl, I am So sorry for all the pain and loss you've been suffering. I've cried as I've read all the posts you and Ron have made. I've prayed and prayed for you guys...it breaks my heart to see your family suffer so much. I'm thankful you two are together and have each other for such loving support, though. That is so important.

I love ya girl. Miss you.
*HUGS*