Thursday, March 15, 2007

Life Changes

Things are settling down a bit.. as Ron said they are not returning to normal.. I don't think they can return to what was "normal" .. Dad is not here..

My life has taken a new direction and it is one that I have wanted it to take for a long time.. I was at church Sunday afternoon.. it was a wonderful service.. there was crying, singing, dancing, and then there was me right in the middle of all of it.. I don't know how many of you are Pentecostal or know what being Pentecostal is but, I was blessed by receiving the Holy Ghost.. I have never felt anything like it in my life.. when we left church .. I asked Ron if he thought the pastor of the church we normally attend would baptize me.. he called him and on Tuesday night I was baptized..

I have never been happier in my life.. it seems so strange that I have a peace about me that I have never had before.. I am not having trouble sleeping anymore.. from the time I was 13 I have had insomnia.. now.. for the last few days.. I fall right asleep.. I don't have the desire to do the things I used to do without thinking about it..I don't feel the stress that has been a part of my life for so long it seems as if I were born with it.. Some of my friends are sorta worried that I won't still be me.. I am still me.. just a better me.. how can that not be a good thing?.. I still love the same people I have always loved.. I still will never judge anyone for who they are or the things they do in their lives.. I just feel a change in me.. down to the core of who I am.. I like it..

Ok.. this wasn't supposed to be blog about Tammy day.. The kids are doing ok.. they are getting past the inital shock of losing their papaw and are going on .. that is what they should do.. they are kids.. Sierra is doing well.. she gave us a bit of a scare on Friday.. she started having cramps in her lower abdomen.. I took her to the hospital here in Mt. Sterling.. they checked the baby first.. she is fine.. she was kicking and so forth.. wouldn't stay still long enough for the dr. to get her heart rate.. but finally she cooperated.. They checked Sierra after making sure the baby was ok.. she has a minor infection somewhere in her body based on the blood work they did.. they just weren't sure if it was in her appendix or not so they kept her overnight for observation.. she was released Saturday afternoon and some friends of ours picked her up and brought her to Dad's funeral.. thank you so much B and S.. you are wonderful.. your helpfulness and thoughtfulness alone is overwhelming but the love that you have shown our family during this time has been a Godsend.. thank you again.. and don't think I am leaving out the cute lil english guy.. he is loved and greatly appreciated as well..

I am going this afternoon to apply for a real job.. our son in law works for a company in lex and they are hiring right now... he put in a good word for me.. he thinks I will get the job.. wow.. it will feel pretty good to work a 9-5 mon- fri job and not have to work weekends.. or nights.. I will have benefits and all that good stuff too.. and will be making a lot better money than I am at Dollar Tree.. don't get me wrong.. I love the folks there.. but I need a real job.. and this is something I will be good at.. I almost said that it would cut down on my blog time.. but then again.. I don't blog that often anyway do I?..

Well it is about time for me to think about getting out of here..

Y'all have fun..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you girl and wish you all the best always. Congrats on everything. As hard as it was losing Ron's father, it would seem his faith is something that will guide you and Ron always....what a beautiful thing to leave as a legacy.

Retro Girl said...

I can hear the peace and joy in your words...

It's bittersweet...as Anony above says---what an amazing Legacy to leave behind...Ron's father must've been the MOST incredible, wonderful person - very loved by all who knew him or that ever met him. I'm sure he was very proud of you both, and loved you very much, as soon as he met you---as many of your friends do!!

Love you!! *HUGS*
Have been praying for you all...Your and Ron's love and strength and faith are very inspiring....thank you for that *HUGS*